Beginners and Beyond

Who is racing/doing an event this weekend? (Read 63 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I include 'doing an event' because even though I am participating in a 5K and, technically, it is a race,  what I do at my events can hardly be called "racing", lol.   Time has marched on for me and my racing days are long over.  But what the heck, I still manage to have fun at the running events I participate in.

I am doing the CACC Mardis Gras 5K.  CACC = Children's Advocacy Center of Comal County, an organization of child abuse prevention, education, etc., in an effort to stop child abuse forever.    Held in Ne Braunfels, TX, about 30 minutes from San Antonio.

This is 'race" number 16 for me for 2013.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I KNOW that you're racing, Scotty!

I'll be running the Gate River Run 15K tomorrow. I picked up my packet as soon as I rolled into town. Expecting 1:22, hoping to break 1:20.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just B.S.

Still 2 months away from racing season here but good luck to you Scotty and Tom

and everyone else lucky enough to be living near a race venue this weekend!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Warm Hearts 5k tomorrow morning. It was rescheduled from February 9. I don't have a lot of speed in me right now so I doubt I'll PR, but whether I "run fast" or not is TBD. Smile

Ball of Fury

Indianapolis Mini-Marathon training series 10K in the morning!  Goal is sub 48:00!  Good luck everyone!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Sloooow.

Fight for Air 5K Walk tomorrow morning. They've only just started listing it as a Walk/Run, but I'm taking the kids in the double stroller. I'd die of a heart attack trying to run with them.

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

By "doing", does managing count?

I'm helping a buddy put on the third annual 5K at my old high school in the morning.  It's one of those races I love to help with, since everything is taken care of and everything runs smoothly...  We do it grassroots, and introduce new runners to popsicle sticks.

Something witty

Jen2011

Running my 2nd Half tomorrow.   And of course, I have a terrible cold.   Not that I'll let that stop me!  Smile

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

SheCan

Good luck tomorrow racers!

Scotty and Jen, I hope you're feeling better before your races!

Coralie-- you just amaze me with your stroller races.  So cool!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Miles for Music 20K on Sunday.

bobruns

I wish.  Colonoscopy for me on Monday so my weekend is pretty shot.  I will get in a long run tomorrow before my liquid diet begins.

Good luck everyone and have fun!

I'm doing a HM organized by the YMCA down in Olean, NY on Sunday.  Should be fun.

GC100k

I'm attending the NCAA indoor track national championships.  Does that count?

Pretty exciting night tonight.

You Rang?

I'm supposed to be racing tomorrow, but thanks to the weather here in New England, that isn't happening.  I was supposed to fly from Boston back home to SoCal today and run the Coaster Run 5k tomorrow.  American Airlines just cancelled my flight home and rebooked me on a flight tomorrow morning.  I'll be arriving at LAX about an hour after the race ends.

Rick 

PR: 5k 26:17 (10/13) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 2:11 (11/14) FM: 5:29 (1/14)