Beginners and Beyond

Carmel Half Marathon RR - best time in 2 years! (Read 103 times)

outoftheblue

Congrats on a great race!  Love the pictures -- you look amazing.

Life is good.

LRB

I was really impressed to see that they improved the goodies at the finish.  Last year I got a bag of chips, water and banana after the full.  This time I got Oreos, banana, small slice of pizza, a full size jar of something called Biscotti spread and a beer.

They didn't improve the goodies, you were just there early this time to help gobble them all up.  The people running the full got hosed again, lol!

Nice race!  It's funny how running without pressure allows you to try things you normally would not.

That is some really nice swag and a great pic of three good lookin' gals!

kettledrum

Awesome race and great report!   I had considered entering this race, but other family members voted to enter the mini for our first HMs.  So instead I ran 11 mile training run on the monon trail and ran right by all of the race festivities a little after the 8K had started.   Looked like a nice set up and it definitely was beautiful weather!

Ms Chenandler Bong

Love the RR, the results even more.  What a great race, the kind that keeps you comming back for more.  I was wondering about your races seeing your lower miles from the miles game (note to self: friend mary).  Isn't it fun when you start out with low expectations and then it just gets better and better!  I bet you got more horses in your barn than you think with low 8:00's at the end.  Glad to hear that your back on form.  Tell your DH I said hi.

BTW, don't they card such young runners like yourself before the beer?  Was it lite beer?  Why does it seem you are always running and drinking (hehe - disney)!

Yeah, I've had doubts this whole winter/spring about my miles and these two halves that are 2 weeks apart.  My longest training run was 11 miles last weekend.  I ran a whole 67 miles in January, with 43 of those being at Disney!  But I stuck with my PT's recommendation of re-building my miles slowly to avoid injury, which is why I didn't do the full.  So I guess it's paying off now.  Smile

DH is offering to pace me for the Mini in 2 weeks, which will guarantee some time in the Pain Cave.  But considering I was only 3 1/2 minutes from PRing and didn't put any real effort in until the last two miles, I'm gonna take him up on the offer.

Oh and doesn't beer and running go hand in hand?  At least it does at our house!!  We have the beer/gatorade fridge in the garage!

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

Ms Chenandler Bong

Awesome race and great report!   I had considered entering this race, but other family members voted to enter the mini for our first HMs.  So instead I ran 11 mile training run on the monon trail and ran right by all of the race festivities a little after the 8K had started.   Looked like a nice set up and it definitely was beautiful weather!

You'll be happy with that decision.  I would recommend the Mini to anyone who wants to run a half, especially as your first.  The crowds at the Mini will pull you to the finish vs. running through rich neighborhoods while BMW drivers glare at you for stopping traffic in Carmel.

I'm planning on arranging a quick FE the morning of the Mini so keep an eye out here for details!

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Great run, Mary. Negative splits are always nice!

Rondog65

Great race, thank you for the excellent report.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Just B.S.

Woot! That's exciting! Great run.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ugh, stupid PF.  Kudos to you for being smart and backing down to a distance you could handle though.  You did an awesome job with the race too.  It's funny how well you can run when you build into a race like you did.  Great job listening to your body and just picking it up based on how you were feeling.  Passing all those people in the second half must have been so fun.  Awesome job.  I love the artsy medal and shoe photo too.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Trail Monster

Congrats! That's an awesome time!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

kettledrum

The crowds at the Mini will pull you to the finish vs. running through rich neighborhoods while BMW drivers glare at you for stopping traffic in Carmel.

I had to LOL at this, because it is so true!  Sad, but true!   I bet the Geist HM is just as bad, if not worse!

paulski66

miscreant

Nice race, yo. Things are looking good for the mini.

I'm not even going to mention all of the free parking 1/2 a mile to the west of the paladium...sounds like the warm-up run did you good. And that Biscotti shit was killer...

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...