Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's MonDAILY - Goodbye Olympics....Hello Spring Training !!! (Read 26 times)

SheCan

Wow, Cherie, sounds like you earned your rest day!  How was the hiking?  Nice shiny new avatar of you...good view of those Great Legs of yours!     I am kind of old though, to some people I guess, just not THAT old!  You'll always be a spring chicken to me!  Ultra?  Good luck with that!  But...you can do it...because...you're still young and full of energy!

Scotty, you sure are the nicest thang ever!   The hiking was terriffic.  I probably did 6 miles Tuesday 3 up and 3 down, and more than that again on Saturday.  Saturday, I was gone so long that my family got worried and sent me a gazillion texts & voice mails.  But it was all good, such a beautiful day.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, you sure are the nicest thang ever!   The hiking was terriffic.  I probably did 6 miles Tuesday 3 up and 3 down, and more than that again on Saturday.  Saturday, I was gone so long that my family got worried and sent me a gazillion texts & voice mails.  But it was all good, such a beautiful day.

All you need to add to your avatar is to put on some athletic knee-high socks....but don't let your DH see that...he might drool...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

I went to graduate school in Athens, GA.  There was a teeny vegetarian restaurant called The Grit that had awesome desserts, amazing brunch, and the best cup of coffee I have ever tasted.  I have lusted after this coffee for years, because it's been almost 15 years since I had it.

I managed to order it from the restaurant.  Which is still in business, despite its owner committing suicide.

It's on the way.

The best cup of coffee in the world.

Anywhere.  At least anywhere that I have been and drunk coffee.

Though Ink coffeeshop in Denver is a really close second.

They had good smoothies too.

Ink, not The Grit.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - I hope the coffee tastes as good as you remember.

Cherie - sounds like some nice short hikes.  Too bad your family worried though.  It's nice to be able to take your time in the mountains without having to rush back.

AFM:  I ended up doing 5 very easy miles on the TM.  My earlier walk and a trip to the library loosened up my extremely sore muscles (probably DOMs from the previous run) so I didn't end up feeling any pain until the last mile, and even then it didn't last.

Bin Running

Cherie, not sure how I will do on this weekend HM.. Probably winging it.. haa.. Was secretly hoping for a PR (1:49)  but not sure if that's even possible with my training (lack of).. Would still like to go below 2hrs though.

Ginny, just 1 more day of leave to rest after the traveling.. DW is not so fortunate.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar