Beginners and Beyond

Shamrock 2013 (Read 535 times)

I got off of work at 12:15pm and was at the Expo by 12:30. (I work just a few miles away in VB at NAS Oceana, VA).  The line for merchandise was already well over a hundred folks long!  --- But I had to have the 2013 edition of the Shamrock Beer Pint Glass, so I waited.......Smile

Good luck everyone!

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

UPSucks

I got off of work at 12:15pm and was at the Expo by 12:30. (I work just a few miles away in VB at NAS Oceana, VA).  The line for merchandise was already well over a hundred folks long!  --- But I had to have the 2013 edition of the Shamrock Beer Pint Glass, so I waited.......Smile

Good luck everyone!

I probably walked right by you. I was there around the same time. I had no line for my half bib, but waited about ten minutes or so for my daughter's final mile.

I have a head cold myself. Been laying off the beers for a couple of weeks.

I started taking in the carbs myself today also. Pizza is planned for lunch tomorrow!  We got a room down here at the Oceanfront so we didn't keep driving back and forth all weekend. Plus I will get to sleep in a little on Sunday morning!!

Dreamn

I made it to town Big grin. I'll be wearing something similar to my avatar too. Heading to the expo tomorrow.

Good luck Dream and everyone else racing the Shamrock.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Dreamn

Thanks Rollcast!

Well, there is a light rain at the moment. The forecast for tomorrow goes from 42 to 47 with a 30 percent chance of rain and wind around 15 miles per hour.

Having breakfast at the pancake place.

slowrunningjulie

I got to the Expo at about 3:30 and a lot of stuff was pretty well picked over. I did buy a nice green coffee mug though and got a free sample of black and tan beer! It was good. Maybe I will have four more tomorrow. :-) I like the tech shirt that came with the swag. Is it true that we get a finishers' hat?

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

I got to the Expo at about 3:30 and a lot of stuff was pretty well picked over. I did buy a nice green coffee mug though and got a free sample of black and tan beer! It was good. Maybe I will have four more tomorrow. :-) I like the tech shirt that came with the swag. Is it true that we get a finishers' hat?

Yep, every year they give out nice finisher hats.   I have several of 'em now and wear them on most of my regular training runs to keep my melon from getting burned.  Approve

I was at the 8K this morning, my wife was running that race which is the day before our halfs and fulls.    I went there to watch my wife run, but since I had a Shamrock shirt on from a previous year, I ended up with 3 beers in my hand while we were in the tent.  ---Drinking the day before the big race?  I really should know better.  I blame the people in the tent.  They pressured me.   Twisted my arm really hard.  (Or nudged it... whatever..) :-D

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

aplodder

Susan

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.  DH and I went to the expo yesterday.  We had a good breakfast at Pocohontas Pancakes-highly recommended and a great lunch at Leapin' Lizards outside of town. We had seen it on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" and were surprised that the food lived up to the hype.  Best tuna salad ever!  Having a beer now and contemplating dinner.  Hope to see some of you tomorrow.

Jess runs for bacon

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.  DH and I went to the expo yesterday.  We had a good breakfast at Pocohontas Pancakes-highly recommended and a great lunch at Leapin' Lizards outside of town. We had seen it on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" and were surprised that the food lived up to the hype.  Best tuna salad ever!  Having a beer now and contemplating dinner.  Hope to see some of you tomorrow.

We wanted those pancakes, you can see it from our window but when we walked by it was completely filled.

aplodder

Susan

We wanted those pancakes, you can see it from our window but when we walked by it was completely filled.

It was full when we got there, but we were seated immediately, had our food within about 10 minutes, and it was excellent.  We were surprised by the fast service and turnover rate.  They seem to get people in and out quickly.

slowrunningjulie

I am waiting for a table at Giovanni's on the boardwalk. It had better be worth it.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

aplodder

Susan

Julie, did you get your gu through security?

Jess runs for bacon

I am waiting for a table at Giovanni's on the boardwalk. It had better be worth it.

If it takes too long, come to the Sheraton. Pasta buffet for $17. Pretty good too. Plus you can say hi to me Smile

Mmmmm...beer

Glad to hear that the out of towners made it here safely.  Had fun at the 8k today, my wife and oldest ran that and our youngest did the Leprechaun Dash, fun stuff.  Only rained for a bit, not bad.  Hopefully it stays dry tomorrow.  Good luck everyone, see you on the course or in the tent afterwards. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!