Beginners and Beyond

Who the Hell is Running This Show Wednesdailies?! (Read 80 times)

MothAudio

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Tuesday: 8 miles 1:05:39 - 8:12 avg. pace - 4 miles @ 7:34 pace - steady state [last mile 7:09] + 3xshort hill sprints + 3 mile cool down. Yesterday was a good day, a very good day for myself and our family :> As I began my run on Tuesday I got a crazy notion to register for the Columbus Half Marathon. I know I'm not in racing shape and only one month removed from my mini-stroke and while I'm not thrilled about the thought of posting a sub-par finishing time I think it might do me a world of good to get back out there and see just what I can do.

My workout yesterday was motivated by that thought and I surprised myself with the level of performance - 7:40 pace was steady state. Not sure how much I expect to improve in 4 weeks but at least I take comfort  at least I know what to do. The past couple of days have been the most stable since my stroke and the uneasiness I was dealing has lifted, so I jumped into yesterday's workout with both feet running.

The half is closed but I can still get in the full if I hustle. Probably should decide today. Think I'll head on over to the park and do some short hill sprints [up and down] to get my legs turning over then head to the gym to work on my flexibility and strengthen my hip flexors which have been giving me grief. Well, that's the plan, we'll see how it shakes out in the end. Make it a great day!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

LRB

Supp yo!

Getting ready to head of for 7 in a bit.  Just gettin' my caffeine on watching Tom & Jerry.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning Moth and LRB! I ran 7.01 miles @ 7:35 pace last night. The hip felt almost perfect. I had no reason to wake up early today but I did. I am waiting for DW to come downstairs so we can drink coffee together.

Moth - Nice run! You would register for the FM?

LRB - Enjoy the 7 miles!

Just B.S.

Heading out to work in a few seconds, hopefully 6 miles tonight if I can squeeze it in

after shopping, prepping the meal and making the cake for hubby's 50th tomorrow!

Despite 19 miles on Sunday @ 10:30 pace I just had one of the best runs of the summer

last night (other than my sub 2 half in August). 10 miles in 1:34 with over 600 feet of climb,

most of which was in the first 4 miles. 

I am pretty sure that because I have not swam or biked since my Oly on August 31 that

despite being in marathon training my body knows the training load has been lifted and is

responding accordingly.

I literally felt like my legs were flying but with almost zero effort breathing wise. IF I could run

like that on Oct 27th goal marathon day my last PR of 4:10 from May could very well fall and

I could have another in my string of consecutive PR's. That would be sweet!

Have a great day all!

MothAudio

Moth - Nice run! You would register for the FM?

How it works when the half is closed you register for the marathon and then just run the half [confirmed w/RD]. Same thing I did two years ago.

Hip Redux

I must win for crappiest day so far!

1:30am I was jolted awake by a car crash in front of my house.   We ran out there, only to find a deer.  Sad   Car had taken off.  But now I have a dead deer (and a large one) in front of my house.  Sort of not what you really want to look at as you are sipping coffee in front of the kitchen window.

From what I heard and the size of the deer, there's no way that car made it off with minor damage, either.

And then it took forever to fall back asleep and I have my 7:30am ortho recheck so it's not like I could catch a few extra zzz's this morning.  Wahhhhhhhhmbalance!

delicate flower

Hey....guess what day it is!?!?!

MOTH!  Starting the dailies!  You should to that more often 'round here.  Good luck with your go/no go decision.  I vote GO.

Beth, nice run last night!

Oski, that's nuts about the deer.  What an odd thing to be woken to.  Good luck with the ortho.

A hearty good morning to LRB, Schnauzer, and whoever else ventures into today's dailies.

I ran 9.25 miles at 8:25 pace last night.  I just ran easy and was surprised at the pace and how good my legs felt after 28 hard miles over the weekend.  And what a beautiful late afternoon for a run...it was sunny and 59 degrees.  Fantastic.  More easy miles planned after work today.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Either 9 or SRD.  I was told about a work dinner tonight but told yesterday.  Being that today is my wedding anniversary and that they told me late, I might be able to get out of it.

Oski, that sounds pretty bad.  I woke up at 1am almost choking due to allergies, does that count.

I must clear all that phlegm before Chicago.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Good morning!

Can't wait to see you racing again, Mike! What great news! Btw, did you have time to read Jay's RR? It's well worth the time, you'll enjoy it!

LRB, hope you had a good 7!

SUS, great pace last night! When is your marathon?

Oski, oh no! That is soop sad! How awful... Maybe there was drinking involved and the drivers didn't want to stay? What would be the correct action when something like this happens? Anyway, I hope you make it through the day ok despite the lack of sleep.

Beth, Ireland soon for you, lady! :-)

15 miles for me tonight. I had an ok 12 last night, 8:11 avg.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

TODAY IS SEPTEMBER 18TH.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE!

HOLIDAYS FOR TODAY ARE: 

NATIONAL CHEESEBURGER DAY (YUMMY!)

CHIROPRACTIC FOUNDERS DAY (QUACK QUACK! Wink)

RICE KRISPIES TREATS DAY

HUG A GREETING CARD WRITER DAY

cheeseburger cartoons, cheeseburger cartoon, cheeseburger picture, cheeseburger pictures, cheeseburger image, cheeseburger images, cheeseburger illustration, cheeseburger illustrations

cheeseburger cartoons, cheeseburger cartoon, cheeseburger picture, cheeseburger pictures, cheeseburger image, cheeseburger images, cheeseburger illustration, cheeseburger illustrations

KEYWORD1  1998-11-20  music  modern music  rock  rock and roll  rap  rap music  hip hop  acid rock

KEYWORD1  1998-08-31  age  aging  old age  senior citizen  senior citizen  senior citizens  senior

KEYWORD1  2009-03-07  ok you may hear a crack  medical  medicine  health  healthcare  health care  w

KEYWORD1  2008-06-14  medical  medicine  health  healthcare  health care  wellness  drug  drugs

KEYWORD1  2006-12-11  medical  medicine  health  healthcare  health care  doctor  doctors   physicia

chiropractor cartoons, chiropractor cartoon, chiropractor picture, chiropractor pictures, chiropractor image, chiropractor images, chiropractor illustration, chiropractor illustrations

chiropractor cartoons, chiropractor cartoon, chiropractor picture, chiropractor pictures, chiropractor image, chiropractor images, chiropractor illustration, chiropractor illustrations

air force cartoons, air force cartoon, air force picture, air force pictures, air force image, air force images, air force illustration, air force illustrations

air force cartoons, air force cartoon, air force picture, air force pictures, air force image, air force images, air force illustration, air force illustrations

Home of Air Force Basic Training

peanuts, lucy, football, valentine, romance, safety, rescue,

KEYWORD1  2005-05-08  family  families  parent  parents  parenting  mom  moms  mother

KEYWORD1  2004-12-26  sunday cartoon  sunday cartoons  color cartoon  color cartoons  greeting card

KEYWORD1  2003-03-09  anniversary  anniversaries  wedding anniversary  wedding anniversaries  card

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Six miles for me this morning, thankfully no rain. At one point I thought I was going to have to pepper spray a dog, but luckily the stupid bastard went back through it's hole in the fence and into it's yard.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all. I had planned on 6-7 miles, but cut it off around 3.5 to spend extra time stretching and rolling instead. My legs aren't happy with me for not stretching the last few runs and then doing strength training, including some plyometrics, yesterday.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Morning, dailies:

Moth - has a stroke, recovers, decides to maybe run a HM on a whim.  Machine.  Smile

Rick - oh yeah, it's back to hot coffee now after a summer of iced

Schnauzer - good 7 yesterday

Beth - great work on those hills

Oski - someone left a big pile of future venison at your doorstep, sounds like a non-crappy day to me Tongue

Baboon - nice effortless pace

D - happy anniversary, good luck getting out of the work dinner

Lily - have a good MLR

Scotty - my money is on the rabbit regardless of fables

Free - yikes, glad the dog didn't bother you

Step - hope your legs recover

Planning to get back at it today, distance and pace TBD on the fly.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning!

Can't wait to see you racing again, Mike! What great news! Btw, did you have time to read Jay's RR? It's well worth the time, you'll enjoy it!

LRB, hope you had a good 7!

SUS, great pace last night! When is your marathon?

Oski, oh no! That is soop sad! How awful... Maybe there was drinking involved and the drivers didn't want to stay? What would be the correct action when something like this happens? Anyway, I hope you make it through the day ok despite the lack of sleep.

Beth, Ireland soon for you, lady! :-)

15 miles for me tonight. I had an ok 12 last night, 8:11 avg.

I had to cancel the marathon because of my hip injury. Yes it was a result of over training. Sad I am just recently recovering. I will be racing this Fall, just not the marathon. I will be smarter about my training and do one next year.

BTW, nice ok 12 miler last night!