Beginners and Beyond

Weathering the Storm (Read 128 times)

Trail Monster

The forum is open. The thread however is mine. I came here to memorialize a trail I have put blood, sweat, and tears into to support the health of our community which is now suffering devastating flooding. One of our neighbors homes was just condemned. Roads are having sinkholes open up and swallow property. Businesses have been damaged and forced to close. Whatever your thoughts on the causes and whether or not we deserved it for having a shitty community/government/infrastructure we don't deserve your snide comments. I won't rise to your bait again.

And as for people driving through it... Well we've been flooded on and off for three weeks. Work, food, medications, etc all force us to leave our houses at some point and I can tell you there is not one safe way to leave our town without crossing a flooded or washed out road. If I had taken the back road shortcut to the pharmacy today chances are not even my lifted Jeep would have made it from the pictures I have seen.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think your wish for the storms to move on was granted last night. I was woken from a sound sleep last night by one of the worst t-storms I've experience in several years. I can empathize with you. My parents and grandparents grew up in southern IL and nearby areas are often affected by flooding from both the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers as well as their tributaries. When visiting I've seen high water marks by the second floor windows of banks and talked with residents who used row boats to rescue neighbors.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.