Beginners and Beyond

RR- Chevron Houston Marahon - debut - with a few pics (Read 380 times)

tracilynn

Kudos to you Tomas.  Running a marathon is no small feat.  Very proud of you!

~~~~~~~

Traci

happylily

What a fabulous race and RR! I'm so happy for you and your family! I wish you many more marathons and future PRs! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

runmomto3boys

What an incredible story you have, Tomas, and now you capped it all off by running a marathon!  How awesome is that???  I loved each and every photo and reading the blow by blow of how the race went.  You ran a good, strong race, no doubt, especially considering the weather (yuck)!  Congratulations on finishing your very first marathon!  Bravo!

Anomalous

Reading RRs like this are truly inspiring! You had one awesome journey so far and it's only going to get even more awesome in the future! Congratulations on completing your first marathon!

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to you and all your family that ran the race.  It must be so much fun to be able to run together and celebrate your mutual achievement.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Congrats on your first marathon!! What an amazing journey you've been on.

Personally, I cannot even fathom drinking a beer during a race, but I'm glad it helped you. LOL   Well done. =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

camille2

Congratulations, marathoner!  I love your story. I find losing 5 lbs hard-can't imagine losing that much!

I did Houston, too.  The weather did make it an adventure for sure.  I've wondered what the attrition rate was.

I love that you did it with your family and that you and your sisters finished.  Amazing!  Keep it up!

Snickers1230

Awesome accomplishment.  Especially in the awful weather!  I was there supporting a friend running the marathon and I couldn't imagine running in the conditions at the beginning of the race.  Congrats on your marathon!

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Awesome accomplishment.  Especially in the awful weather!  I was there supporting a friend running the marathon and I couldn't imagine running in the conditions at the beginning of the race.  Congrats on your marathon!

the weather had to have been worse for the spectators....at least the runners were moving.

There was great support there.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I finally got the opportunity to read the entire report!  That was awesome T-rod!

My first full is this November, and I hope someone offers me a beer around mile 20.  I don't know if I'll want it or not, but I'm betting I will.  I kept waiting for the part where you got emotional.  For some reason, I knew that there would be a point at which you'd get emotional.  I was day dreaming about completing a marathon over the summer during an 18 mile run, and just thinking about it got me kind of worked up.  I can't wait.

I cried at the start line of my first!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

I cried at the start line of my first!

I almost cried at mile 16 when I left my sisters- thats when it hit me that I was actually doing something big and on my own.

I still dont think that it has hit what I have done....young and stupid has its benefits Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kitteh

Tomas that was such a great story, good for you for making it happen! And for beating the 5:30 pacers! I definitely teared up a bit when you struck out on your own--just you and the pavement. I think you should be so proud to be such a great example for your children.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

Supersono99

Great job, Tomas. That's so cool that you got to run with your sisters.

Misty

Fantastic job Tomas! Wow, such an amazing journey you've been on...you've come so so far. I love that your sisters did the marathon too, that must have been a wonderful experience. Congrats on your first marathon!

Misty

Bless your heart.