Beginners and Beyond

As if runners didn't have enough to worry about (Read 112 times)

My big toes sprain easily because they are misaligned. It can be incredibly painful to run on.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

#artbydmcbride

If you want to run faster, your toes need to be more ostrich-like.

hmmmm, so I should let the nail grow long and thick?

Runners run

LRB

hmmmm, so I should let the nail grow long and thick?

You see the size of those things?  Now that's how you flip the damn bird to someone.  lol

Ric-G

yes you do. with your paid subscription to RW, they will send you the secret toe exercises that are guaranteed to get you to run your fastest marathon ever!

I saw that in RW, and my only thought was, really? Now I have to do toe exercises??

marathon pr - 3:16

yes you do. with your paid subscription to RW, they will send you the secret toe exercises that will are guaranteed to get you your fastest marathon ever!

So are you saying - new year, new me? Outstanding!

Dave

happylily

For what it's worth, I don't do any toe exercises, I don't stretch, I don't take care of my cuticles (I said CUTICLES) and I don't floss everyday. I like to live dangerously.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I have a really stiff big toe.  AFAIK, it hasn't made a difference in my running, but some days it just doesn't want to bend.

Have you gone to the podiatrist to check it?  Sounds like what I have which is basically arthritis in that toe.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

For what it's worth, I don't do any toe exercises, I don't stretch, I don't take care of my cuticles (I said CUTICLES) and I don't floss everyday. I like to live dangerously.

LMAO!!!!

I talk to strangers, and drink the devil's poison, diet Coke.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

PADRunner