Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies (Read 40 times)

B-Plus

Shit I cannot run 5 at HMP at the end of a half marathon let alone at the end of a long run. lol

From the Internet.

Late check in, I had an excellent treadmill run today. Short on time, seems to be par for the course this week, but I managed to put in 5 minutes at ~9:06 pace followed immediately by 5 minutes at ~8:27 without feeling too taxed. 4 miles total. Running outside tomorrow for the first time in what seems like forever!

workinprogress11

Yeah I am not sure there is a standard answer for face covering as I never have and have run in the single digits and sub-zero wind chills.

As long as my ears are covered once it drops into the teens I am usually okay, so long as I have on 7 pair of gloves. lol

This is a lot how I am.  My face never really gets cold or if it does, I don't notice it.  If my hands are cold, the party is over.  I wear ridiculously heavy gloves and ear muffs.  I do more layering than most, but then I'm good to go.

MTA:  I actually did run today.  I almost forgot that part.  7 with 5 at MP.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Core workout on the BOSU. That's a challenging workout to do when sleepy.

LRB

Core workout on the BOSU. That's a challenging workout to do when sleepy.

I would like to get one of those (and a slide board) but they don't come cheap.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I would like to get one of those (and a slide board) but they don't come cheap.

Wait til New Year's. I got mine from Target when they had a deal that you got a $25 gift card with the purchase.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Had my second run with hill sprints and strides today, good stuff, can't wait to get home and do these on a real hill. Smile  I bumped up the incline to 7% and the speed to 10mph, felt great.  Progression LR on tap for tomorrow with the last two miles at LT, bring it on!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I bumped up the incline to 7% and the speed to 10mph, felt great.

You're headed for some kind of PR!

Docket_Rocket

I only had time for the 7 miles, no XT today.  They were really nice and some rain at the end made them even better.  I am drinking and forgetting hubby said we might not get to Paris for my goal marathon so now I'm having a martini while considering the two options available for the same day.  Which are hilly.  Fuck.  Still, I will run a marathon that day!  Damn it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi dailies:

9.58 with 2 sets of 5x(2min 5K pace, 2min easy).

The mid-winter thaw is upon us, it may briefly go up to 33 over the weekend before heading back to single degrees.  No owls to attack hats, no foxes on the ellipticals.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Wow, your coach has you do a 20 miler with several miles at HMP and several miles at 10k pace?

When I was training for my first ultra, my coach had me do a 20 mile run with every 4th mile at 10K pace.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.