Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: On second thought make that a double (Read 33 times)

I actually drove (5 hours) and stayed overnight alone for my first marathon but I am a weirdo like that.

I would not have been able to drive home from mine. I could not operate my legs.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

CAN YOU SAY THAT A LITTLE LOUDER PLEASE?  

WHAT?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

WHAT?

I CANNOT HEAR YOU, COULD YOU REPEAT THAT PLEASE?

LRB

I would not have been able to drive home from mine. I could not operate my legs.

You left it all out there on the boulevard!

Docket_Rocket

I ate too much for lunch.  And it was all delicious!

But fuck, now I have to run to burn all this shit. I am still MINUS 1900 calories from Sunday, can I use them today?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

runninggirl30

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone!

It was fun last night at my party and sorry to say but I refrained from eating a piece of ice cream for each of you   

So my mom gave me her fit bit a few wks back as she bought a wrist watch that she liked better and I finally got around to using it today.  I got back from the gym and read it but sadly I think it's off on the calorie count.  I was doing intervals on the elliptical and did weights after (didn't make it in time for bodypump) and when I was done it said I had burned 1277 calories!  Don't I wish!!

Damaris- if only we could transfer calories burned somehow to one another I'd give you some....haha

Docket_Rocket

No worries!  As you can see, I burned too many calories last week I cannot contain my hunger.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone!

It was fun last night at my party and sorry to say but I refrained from eating a piece of ice cream for each of you   

So my mom gave me her fit bit a few wks back as she bought a wrist watch that she liked better and I finally got around to using it today.  I got back from the gym and read it but sadly I think it's off on the calorie count.  I was doing intervals on the elliptical and did weights after (didn't make it in time for bodypump) and when I was done it said I had burned 1277 calories!  Don't I wish!!

Damaris- if only we could transfer calories burned somehow to one another I'd give you some....haha

Yeah 1277 seems a bit much for what you described but the whole calories burned per activity thing is an inexact science in and of itself.

What I like to do on the treadmill is put in 300 pounds for my weight, and in 30 minutes it shows I have burned a thousand calories.  lol

LRB

I had red cord today and did an exercise on the TRX to finish up. Boy I was wobblin' all over the place trying to keep my balance!

LRB

I just realized I ran 28 of the 30 days this month!

I know that is small potatoes for most of you but it is a world record for me!

StepbyStep-SH

5.1 miles with a friend, followed by a strength training class that left me unable to lift my arms above my head to braid my hair. Not injured, just ... wow. And though this class is usually a slower--paced class focused more on traditional strength training moves, the instructor decided today we needed to keep our heart rates up, so lots of combo moves, lots of pushups, and only about 10-30 seconds of rest between exercises.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

Two hours is PLENTY of time to get ready and get to the start of the Ottawa marathon.

I don't think so. I woke up over four hours before the start of the Montreal race, and there was no traveling either. I need all that time to make absolutely sure I do not have to stop during the race like Mr. Docket.

Like Dave, even in the best conditions, I often have a hard time getting a full night sleep. So waking up at 4 to 4:30  is no big deal.

I just realized I ran 28 of the 30 days this month!

I know that is small potatoes for most of you but it is a world record for me!

Them are some big taters!

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Back from Pilates. Been a long day.

Marjorie