Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins Digging Out (Read 25 times)

tracilynn

Well if she makes it here she is in for a real treat watching southerners deal with ice and snow.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Publix parking lot looks like Black Friday and already wiped out of bread milk eggs and bananas. Ha. And we only have less than an inch predicted.  Typical.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Publix parking lot looks like Black Friday and already wiped out of bread milk eggs and bananas. Ha. And we only have less than an inch predicted.  Typical.

She has to meet with Piggly Wiggly, but hopefully not at a store.

Docket_Rocket

Yesterday I had to cut a 4 mile run to 2 because of a nosebleed.  So today I decided to go do a quick 2 miles and wouldn't you know exactly 1 mile in furthest point from my house my nose starts bleeding AGAIN and

I have to run the last mile back with my head tilted back. Not easy to do! And Im sure I looked like a TOTAL idiot.

geeting ready for freezemageddon coming tonight.

I get nosebleeds from time to time.  Mine are due to the allergies and the Nasonex (or similar meds).  Was yours the cold or something like that?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

My Publix always looks like that, even on regular days. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Got my 12 in.  Somewhere between the pace I was hoping for and the slow pace I've been running lately.  But it was a good run, the sun was shining, and I finished strong.  I didn't have to stop even for a traffic light, that's how lucky I was today too.

Dad on the run.

Hey Penguins! 4th day in a row to run and no pain anywhere! I'm doing a run / walk then when its over I run the remaining distance to 2.5 or 3 miles. Also EK (4yr old) has ran two of the run / walks with me. First run she completed 1.07 and the 2nd she completed 1.30! I'm super proud of her and I don't care how slow I have to run if it means having her out there with me!

Also another awesome update, I have solved the mystery of the missing injinji! I have been holding onto one sock for about 6 months in the hopes that one day I would find the missing pair! Well today was that day! I grabbed a pair of dress socks out of my drawer that I obviously don't wear very often and shove my foot down in it only to be met with resistance. So I pulled my foot out squeezed the toe of the sock and said to myself "no way" so I reached in and pulled it out and lo and behold my missing sock! I love my injinji and it was a sad sad day when I lost one of them, but I did discover who the sock monster is. So for any of you who are missing socks go check those socks in your drawer that you rarely wear. lol.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

tracilynn

I get nosebleeds from time to time.  Mine are due to the allergies and the Nasonex (or similar meds).  Was yours the cold or something like that?

Yes, I think so. I have been sick and I have allergies too.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Hey Penguins! 4th day in a row to run and no pain anywhere! I'm doing a run / walk then when its over I run the remaining distance to 2.5 or 3 miles. Also EK (4yr old) has ran two of the run / walks with me. First run she completed 1.07 and the 2nd she completed 1.30! I'm super proud of her and I don't care how slow I have to run if it means having her out there with me!

Also another awesome update, I have solved the mystery of the missing injinji! I have been holding onto one sock for about 6 months in the hopes that one day I would find the missing pair! Well today was that day! I grabbed a pair of dress socks out of my drawer that I obviously don't wear very often and shove my foot down in it only to be met with resistance. So I pulled my foot out squeezed the toe of the sock and said to myself "no way" so I reached in and pulled it out and lo and behold my missing sock! I love my injinji and it was a sad sad day when I lost one of them, but I did discover who the sock monster is. So for any of you who are missing socks go check those socks in your drawer that you rarely wear. lol.

LMAO!

I was hoping to run in the morning in the frigid temps, but have to go into work early to help my friend again. His wife is still in ICU. I'll run tomorrow evening when I get off.

Tuesday is a CT scan, gotta keep a check on things. But as usual, I'm getting nervous.

Docket_Rocket

Yes, I think so. I have been sick and I have allergies too.

I stopped using the Nasonex and the nosebleeds stop.  If you're using one of those, drop the meds for a couple of days and see. One of the side effects is nosebleeds.  If that is what is causing them, talk to your doctor about switching meds.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Jimmy- Great news! And too funny about the socks. I think the sock monster in our house is our dog Mia. She always finds any sock that she can get to. Even when we are over at somebody's house she brings us all the socks she can find.

Mitch- Still sending good thoughts for your friend's wife. She is off the ventilator still, yes?

tracilynn

I stopped using the Nasonex and the nosebleeds stop.  If you're using one of those, drop the meds for a couple of days and see. One of the side effects is nosebleeds.  If that is what is causing them, talk to your doctor about switching meds.

I don't use nose sprays but I think maybe the neti pot irritated it or maybe our gas heat(very drying).    My little boy  just started nasonex though. Hmm

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, that would do it too.  I've never used those but I think they have similar side effects.

Damaris

Fundraising Page