Beginners and Beyond

FRI-I-I-I-D-A-Y! Dailies (Read 54 times)

Docket_Rocket

I'll get her to come here and talk about.  I know she did great on her HM but has not been posting here much.

Good afternoon all!!

I got done with school earlier and have been studying non stop since I got home. Finals next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday Then summer!!!

scotty, I'm sorry to hear that but you're strong and can get through anything!

And what happened to KayPS... I know she had a HM this past weekend and I've been looking at the dailies and haven't seen her around. Did I miss something?

I hope everyone has a fantastic day and has an even better weekend!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

She told me that she will get us a RR of her debut half marathon but she has just been so busy! 

Oh really?  She told me to eat shit and die.  ; )

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

haha did she really???

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

Did you deserve it?  :P

Planning on 6-7 after work. Warmest day of the year and in the 70's this weekend. FINALLY!

Docket_Rocket

Doh.

Did you deserve it?  :P

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty nope on the pups. They've come with us before but that was 4 years ago. We generally fly. It is a 13 hour drive.  Today's drive longer since we had an hour delay in WV because of a bad accident on the other side. But they had the emergency vehicles on our sIde.

Hope things turn out okay from the derm.  We flew up but driving back since I took stuff from the house that I wanted that was my moms/Grandmothers/great grandmothers.  My dad has sold the house and is getting married in June and basically getting rid of everything so my brother and I have to get what we want. I didn't want much but enough that shipping it was cost prohibitive or the stuff valuable enough to not want to risk the loss since they can't be replaced.

Pups are at doggie camp. We will pick them up tomorrow.

Marjorie

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Wow! If you come into this place late it is hard to catch up with all the posts. I ran 13.12 miles in 1:43:16 (7:53 pace) today. It was a bit too fast for my liking, especially since I have 9 miles scheduled for tomorrow and 18 miles on Sunday.

I am dreaming of a BQ for my  marathon debut on October 6th. BQ for my age is 3:25. I know it is a stretch. That would be a hell of a first marathon for a 45 year old with little race experience. Well, I will keep training hard. After all, you never know, lightning could strike.

Have a great rest of the day everyone! Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

DaveP MI, have a pleasant SRD.

AprilRunner, take it easy. Good luck racing.

Adam_McAllen, bravo on you morning run.

Brrrrrrr, good luck racing!

Phil, have a great leg workout. Enjoy your time on the elliptical machine.

Marjorie, terrific 10.7.

AmiK, I hope that the ortho gives you a helpful answer and resources for a speedy and complete recovery.

Rick, a wonderfully consistent four-miler.

Beth, wonderful swim. Enjoy the run later. Good luck tomorrow!

Shari, have an amazing run on the HM course.

scottydawg, great run. I hope that you hear good news.

Damaris, fantastic five-miler. The race-day forecast, not so muchSad

Oski, have a pleasant day, doing whatever you do.

Sarah, brava in stretching and strengthening.

MBC, here to the USPS leaving you alone, at last.

Jack, have an excellent easy run. Good luck on Sunday.

outoftheblue, great job fitting a run into your busy day.

B-Plus, I hope that you had a fantastic four.

Ric-G, I'm glad that you ran so early.

SIAR, bravo on your run. I hope that you feel well soon.

Luke, terrific post-ride 3.34.

I'm glad to hear that Kay is OK. I've been looking forward to her RR.

Fuzzy, have a great post-work six-seven.

SUSchnauzer, terrific 13.2.

7.0 miles in 1:02:40. 8.57 pace. Splits: 9:15.55/9:06.05/8:59.89/9:07.78/8:51.04/8:39.92/8:40.05. The fourth mile includes a few blocks of Boylston Street; I had to run slowly, to not bump into any one of the many people who were out to stroll, shop, eat, run...It was great to see the place(s) back in business.

I'm hurrying back home to shower, do push-ups and ab work, and make it to a friend's before 7:15.

Ball of Fury

Done with ortho, MRI tomorrow.  It is at the Bengal's stadium and they pick me up on a golf cart and take me through the stadium to the MRI...how cool is that??  Anyway, he says it could be a femoral stress fracture but he doesn't think so.  He thinks it is a REALLY bad, refractory case of ITBS.  If MRI is clear, he wants me to go to a new PT for ART, who he says he really likes and does a great job.  He said my mobility and flexibility in my right leg are terrible.  He did recommend I not run the HM next weekend, mostly because I am still limping (even walking) and he said from meeting me for 10 minutes, he can tell I am not the type of person to just go "finish" a race (and he is correct).  He asked why I would jeopardize having to rest for months for a race I won't be able to hit my goal time on anyway...which is a good point I think.  I don't know....I really liked him and he was thorough and has a runner's perspective.  Anyway, right now I am wallowing in a beer, wine, and cupcakes (literally) and we will see what the MRI says.  I am not going to run this weekend at all, which makes me want to cry!!  Thank you guys for listening and all the supportive thoughts!  I told DH I reserve the right to have a pity party tonight and tomorrow morning, I shall suck it up and get it together!  Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

delicate flower

Friday workout(s) complete.  45 minutes on the elliptical and 40 minutes of leg weight training.  I also took my new knee for a treadmill test drive.  I am impatient and wanted to see how it'd feel.  Soooooo...five minutes of light jogging (.4 miles).  It felt fine.  It was difficult to not favor that side.  That is definitely a mental hurdle I'll need to work through.  

<3

B-Plus

4 @ 8:23

Docket_Rocket

AmiK, good luck.

Mr. Docket ran/walk a 5K today...alone.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

He did recommend I not run the HM next weekend, mostly because I am still limping (even walking) and he said from meeting me for 10 minutes, he can tell I am not the type of person to just go "finish" a race (and he is correct).  He asked why I would jeopardize having to rest for months for a race I won't be able to hit my goal time on anyway...which is a good point I think.

You think?  Still holding out hope to the bitter end aren't you lol!

He told you all you need to hear so I will just let you marinate in that and send send you well wishes on your MRI tomorrow...and stop being stubborn like a Taurus.  That's only reserved for real Taurus' like yours truly.    Big grin

Ball of Fury

You think?  Still holding out hope to the bitter end aren't you lol!

He told you all you need to hear so I will just let you marinate in that and send send you well wishes on your MRI tomorrow...and stop being stubborn like a Taurus.  That's only reserved for real Taurus' like yours truly.    Big grin

LMAO...I am being ridiculously stubborn...I know I am idiot!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15