Beginners and Beyond

Guestbook for Suzielea (Read 773 times)

happylily

Thank you, Goo. It's done, I added my message. It was hard. We should never wait til it's too late before we tell people that we care for them... Otherwise, it hurts like hell after.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Robert31320

Team TJ

Thanks, LTH for posting this link.

i just left a message for Suzie's family.  It is amazing the impact this young lady had on this community. 

Running for TJ because he can't.

Goorun

Suzie's mom posted in the Guestbook and thanked to all for their posts. I think it's important for family to see how respected, inspiring and loved Suzie was by her virtual running friends.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

happylily

Suzie's mom posted in the Guestbook and thanked to all for their posts. I think it's important for family to see how respected, inspiring and loved Suzie was by her virtual running friends.

Yes, I read her message. I think that it may take time, but eventually, her family will take real comfort in our words. They will realize that their child's life touched a lot of people. I'm sure it will help them. We can only hope.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Motormouse

Proud Aussie

I've added my message. I'm a little sad that I didn't get to cross paths with her as she was the only other Australian I was aware of who posted regularly on the BF. And yet, Australia is such a huge place, it would have been more likely that I would have met her in my area on holiday rather than on a starting line.

I still feel blessed that I met her online, and saddened by her tragic loss. She will be missed.

Goal: BQ or Bust.  (Done: BQ -5mins July 2014)

Selecting new goal.........

Docket_Rocket

Goo.  No word on the autopsy? I know they were waiting for it.  Sounds like they were very surprised about her passing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Goorun

Goo.  No word on the autopsy? I know they were waiting for it.  Sounds like they were very surprised about her passing.

I don't think it would be appropriate to ask and I have not seen any information, but I could imagine that Suzie would want to help future heart transplant recipients by letting medical team to find out what failed her.

I'm still so sad about her passing.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Docket_Rocket

They initially posted about the autopsy in her wall but never a note on what happened afterwards.  I just wonder whether I missed any updates.  But you're right.  Maybe they do not want to share that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Knit1Run2

Master of Chaos

I completely missed this because I haven't been on here a lot.  This is just really terrible.

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

So terrible!  She was so young.  Very sad.

Thank you LtH.