Beginners and Beyond

Welcome To The Saturday Penguins - Where The Value And Savings Are Yours! (Read 25 times)

Sloooow.

Coralie, I think probably running more often in the beginning is best--- to an extent.  Simply because it gets your body used to the daily activity and able to handle more.  Though in reality it's probably more hand in and hand.  Your body also needs more days off in the early stages of running to heal.  So like working up to the number of days you want to run (for now)  and then slowly adding mies.  Does that make sense?  Anyway that's how I did it and I'm still running years later.

And Tori, I hope spring is around the corner for you!  It is wonderful when it comes.

I've been running for 9 months now, I'm focusing on getting my weekly mileage more consistent. I usually only run 4 days a week, and aim for 10 miles. I haven't been trying to increase my runs in length, because I'm still so heavy. I also feel bad for the time I spend running, and it's easier for me to feel better about running when I do it in smaller time chunks.

I guess my question is is it better to do one 4 mile run, or two 2 mile runs (plus other runs of course).

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

7.5 miles done, beautiful day! Ran in my Cortanas today, and decided to stick with the Kinvaras for my half. I like the Fastwitchs, but I'd like to get some more miles and some long runs with them, since I have no idea how they'll feel after 10+ miles. Gonna stick to the basics, nothing new on race day. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Dad on the run.

Mitch - Registered for the Rumpshaker 5K. Estimated finish time is 27:30 or less.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I had fun at the BBQ but took a rest day just in case.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Coralie, IMO, I would stay with shorter runs with the increased frequency.

Jimmy, that's great! Now I hope I can still make it. They changed my work schedule for a big upcoming outage, I have to work nights till the end of month(12 hours), plus half our dept is taking vacation at the end of month for their kids spring break. Now I think I should not have registered so soon. I might still be able to swing it though.

dave, stay with the shoes that you know will take you through the distance.

I got in a 10 mile LR today, and took the pup for the last 3 Miles.

Bin Running

Checking in late.. URD for me..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Sloooow.

Checking in late.. URD for me..

Hope all is OK, Bin.

Bin Running

Thanks, Coralie.. Everything is ok..  Smile

Just missed my morning run (lazy bum wanted to sleep more.. haaa) and can't find time to fit in any for the rest of the day..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar