Beginners and Beyond

Hand me that crow over there, would you? (Read 555 times)

Just B.S.

Don't worry Di it won't taste like anything but victory!!!

As I said before, over 10 years of running 1/2 marathons apparently I  said way too many times

that I would never run a full.  Probably not a good thing to do when you are very involved in the local

running community and your husband and many friends runs marathons as well.

Even this year while training for my 5th I still had friends saying  "thought you were never running

a full".......butt heads!LOL

delicate flower

Cinqo de Mayo!  El mucho sombrero que marathon halfez! 

<3

Don't call me Buttercup!

Congrats and good luck. Frederick will be my first HM as well. Should be very exciting.

Hey, cool!  You'll have to let me know how your training goes/is going.  =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Don't call me Buttercup!

Cinqo de Mayo!  El mucho sombrero que marathon halfez! 

That's what she said! 

bobruns

Apparently, I am no good at sticking to my guns.    Anyone remember my rant from about 6 months ago about how I didn't want to sign up for a Half Marathon? 

Guess what I did yesterday? Shocked

May 5th, 2013, I will be eating crow.  Hopefully it tastes like chicken! 

FUN!  (I remember writing a post like this one day myself...)

Enjoy the ride!

Way to go! That's awesome. Get your training plan, do your miles, and test your fuel.  You'll do great!  BTW, without even trying you will become an inspiration to family, friends and coworkers.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Sharz96

Way to go!   I'm sure you'll do great.

I'm contemplating registering for my first HM next fall, but I haven't committed yet.

tracilynn

Very exciting!  My first half will be in April.  I will never ever do a full though, nope.  For real, no.  Smile

~~~~~~~

Traci

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Hey buttercup!  Check your 6!!!  Big grin

Randy

Don't call me Buttercup!

Hey buttercup!  Check your 6!!!  Big grin

Oh, jeez.  Guess I should be careful what I ask for.  LOL   Good movie, though, even if they did KILL HIM.  *sob*

happylily

I never ate crow, so I don't know what it tastes like, but a HM isn't that bad. It's either like moist chicken, or dry chicken, depending on your training. And you rarely choke on a bone. Big grin I think it was a great idea and it will help you stay motivated in your running. You'll do great, girl! But most importantly: what do you plan on wearing come race day? It's never too early to start thinking about this! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

tinman11

I think this is great news.  Think about how great you'll feel going into Spring time this year! 

You have a great plan in process Di!

And, hey I meant to tell you, in my RR from last week, that was me in the blue vest, white visor, and sunglasses.

I meant to reply to you last week.  Sorry for the delay, but thank you for reading the report. 

tinman

Don't call me Buttercup!

Lily - ha! Since I'm hoping to be down at least 10 lbs by May, I don't think I even yet own what I'll be wearing come race day! ;-)

Tinman - I'll have to go back and look at the picture again, thanks! =)