Beginners and Beyond

Holyoke St. Patrick's Day 10K RR (Read 69 times)

Nevrgivup

I was not cold at all. What I wore was perfect. Love the arm warmers. They kept me comfortable.  Dh was at the finish with warm clothes waiting along with a surprise little something of blackberry brandy. Smile Was a great day to be a runner.

Nice pacing on the run, you definitely ran by feel rather than a pre-determined pace and that's a good thing.

Love your photo where the girl to the right is bundled up with hat, 2 shirts, tights, gloves and you are in a tank and shorts.  Were you cold or just trying to show off for the crowd!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

RSX

Congrats and great race report. This race is on my future list as I have heard great things about it. I was in the area Saturday but it was my MIL's birthday.

LRB

There has been some really nice splits posted on our group the last few weeks, and yours continue that trend.

Nice solid effort all the way around!  You must be giddy thinking about what you can do once your event courses start to flatten out!

As an aside, what is a Holyoke?

bobruns

Nice race Hilary.  Talk about hitting your goal perfectly!

onemile

Very nice race! And I really like that tank top.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Nice job!! Sounds like a pretty tough course with all the hills and people!!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Mostly harmless

Awesome results and a well written RR too.  I agree with everyone that said the picture is a keeper for sure.  Congrats!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Luke79

There has been some really nice splits posted on our group the last few weeks, and yours continue that trend.

Nice solid effort all the way around!  You must be giddy thinking about what you can do once your event courses start to flatten out!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+Holyoke

Smile

Nevrgivup

Luke-You crack me up.

Yes, LRB and all that commented on me being excited for flatter races, I can't wait. I've got a flat 5k next month and I can't wait to see how I do.

One mile- I love this tank too! Apparently MJ did too as she commented on it in my FB post.

Thanks all. Smile

delicate flower

They have a large mall.

<3

Nevrgivup

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your race, Hilary, way to go!  Wow, you are speedy!  So thanks for posting that great photo of you, that's the only way slow me will ever see your Great Legs in a race! Big grin   Nice work on the hills, especially that speedy downhill.  I'm the exact opposite of Awood, lol, I prefer uphills to downhills...the downhills just kill my back!

I'm curious as to what the temp was for your race, all those folks around you looked like they dressed for the cold.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Nevrgivup

Thanks Scotty.  It was 35 degrees and cloudy. People kept telling me I was nuts. I was comfortable.  I'd rather be cool than too hot. I warmed up afterwards with a few beers, a sweatshirt, a scarf, and Dh. Smile

Congrats on your race, Hilary, way to go!  Wow, you are speedy!  So thanks for posting that great photo of you, that's the only way slow me will ever see your Great Legs in a race! Big grin   Nice work on the hills, especially that speedy downhill.  I'm the exact opposite of Awood, lol, I prefer uphills to downhills...the downhills just kill my back!

I'm curious as to what the temp was for your race, all those folks around you looked like they dressed for the cold.

delicate flower

HIlary, what two 10K's are you planning in May and June?  PM if you won't want to post it.

<3