Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Presents: Headlines - 1st Edition (Read 64 times)

Just B.S.

Scotty...thank you! As for your comment to LRB about your mileage, I think what you run is phenomenal considering the pain you must have to put up with. I don't know if I'd keep getting out there if I had the same troubles, so I really admire the running you do.

That^^^^^

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LRB - Very true, right now I use the scale to scare myself from binging and to stay on track of eating healthy. It helps for the most part, even if I have to weight myself in the morning and evening when I started getting bored and looking in the fridge, I just jump on the scale and am reminded that I must stay on track.

Scotty - thanks, I will definitely take a look at those stretches and see if they will help me.

Damaris - glad to hear that you are okay.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

runmomto3boys

Luke: Oh, man, Luke.  I am oh-so-sorry.  This just sucks, sucks, sucks...  ((((bear hug)))))

Chairman

Did you get racin' shoes, Heidi? What kind?

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Chairman

Oh, I ran 9 easy ... seems 2 days off made a huge difference for my quad mishap.

@runjerseygirl

Luke, you're absolutely right.  I've been on a high all afternoon from my run.

LRB, thanks for fixing that for Luke. Wink

scrape., I'm happy your quad is feeling better.

Do you even run?

4 on the TM at work.

Back to the grind.

You can call me Anna

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thanks, you guys! I usually look like a zombie in my race photos so I was excited to have a couple that looked half-decent. Jess, it was US Candids. They do good work. I think they had a magic filter on their lenses on Sunday.

Kay, great job on your speedy run!!

Scotty, I agree with the others. Big grin

runmomto3boys

Oh, I ran 9 easy ... seems 2 days off made a huge difference for my quad mishap.

Adidas Adizero Adios - sound familiar?  I wasn't 100% happy, but I scored them for $50, so I can't complain.  I'm going to run in them tonight when I do those cruise intervals.  I wanted the true racing flats badly - Saucony A5s.  I balked at the store because they are a lot less shoe than I am use to, then I came home and ordered them.  I'm going to try to ease into them at the track.  These bad boys are light - 5.2 oz. - and feel amazing on.  I just felt fast in them period. I'm so glad the quad is better today!!  WOOT!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Adidas Adizero Adios - sound familiar?  I wasn't 100% happy, but I scored them for $50, so I can't complain.  I'm going to run in them tonight when I do those cruise intervals.  I wanted the true racing flats badly - Saucony A5s.  I balked at the store because they are a lot less shoe than I am use to, then I came home and ordered them.  I'm going to try to ease into them at the track.  These bad boys are light - 5.2 oz. - and feel amazing on.  I just felt fast in them period. I'm so glad the quad is better today!!  WOOT!

Those new Adios are sweet for sure. I had them on the other day, but I wasn't sure if I could take them up to the marathon or not. I'm still leaning toward the Ronin 5 I think. Do the A5 have a touch of stability? I need a neutral, but am always looking for options.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Chairman

Wow, I would love a pair for $50. I love my Adios.

Chairman

Those new Adios are sweet for sure. I had them on the other day, but I wasn't sure if I could take them up to the marathon or not. I'm still leaning toward the Ronin 5 I think. Do the A5 have a touch of stability? I need a neutral, but am always looking for options.

The Adios are surprisingly protective for the weight. I am not the most durable guy, and I've had no problem with them in 3 marathons. You can always use them with an insert for some stability as well.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The Adios are surprisingly protective for the weight. I am not the most durable guy, and I've had no problem with them in 3 marathons. You can always use them with an insert for some stability as well.

I know that's been most peoples' experience with them. For some reason, I seemed to pronate in them, despite a natural supination. I think my Gel Tarthers are less shoe, but I don't pronate in those. Shoes just hate me right now, that's the real story. Glad you're quad enjoyed the rest and you felt good with your run.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Chairman

I know that's been most peoples' experience with them. For some reason, I seemed to pronate in them, despite a natural supination. I think my Gel Tarthers are less shoe, but I don't pronate in those. Shoes just hate me right now, that's the real story. Glad you're quad enjoyed the rest and you felt good with your run.

Thanks. I've been having shoe problems myself.  I somehow developed my ankle problem with the DS Trainer, a shoe I had been using for 2 years with no issues. Maybe something about version 17 bothered me, I don't even know. Ended up shelving all of mine and ordering a couple of pairs of Brooks Adrenaline because they had worked well for me in the past. So far, the problem areas are doing much better after 3 weeks.  I am not one to blame shoes often, and I have no proof, but it certainly feels like the shoes were to blame here.