Beginners and Beyond

Check out this Philly area Ultra plus other assorted races! (Read 184 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

http://20in24.com

I like the pajama loop run. But it's not clear if we are all in the same bed or individual beds!

The midnight madness run sounds like it would be a lot of fun - you know it will look like a bunch of drunken fireflies, it is Philly after all!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I don't know to make the link active so you have to copy and paste - but you guys knew that already!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Jess runs for bacon

I got an email about this from Pretzel City and forgot to look at it. The jammie one looks fun!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Thanks George!

Lilac - we do have some cool races in our area like this.

runmomto3boys

A jammie run!  FUN!

Jess runs for bacon

I've seen that one, couple people I know are running it. I'd run that one, except I am too lazy to buy a Ms Claus costume and I don't like beer :/ I have a free entry to a Run Lehigh Valley event, still need to figure out which one.

Isn't there a loop run like the Stroehmann at the LV Zoo?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Heidi - are you thinking about a destination race in lovely Philadelphia?

Lilac - I think they run a 5k and a 10k at the zoo.

toyger

Cool! These look like a lot of fun, especially the jammie run.

Jen

runfoolery

If any of you swing by, let me know. I'll either hold up a custom derogatory sign, or find you and tell you I was too lazy to make the sign, whichever you would find more demoralizing. Wink

runfoolery

On a serious note, you'll either be in high heat and humidity or a thunderstorm. I'm interested in possibly running it in a year or two, as the course is my regular long run route.

Jess runs for bacon

Heidi - are you thinking about a destination race in lovely Philadelphia?

Lilac - I think they run a 5k and a 10k at the zoo.

I've run the 5k, but I swear there is some form of ultra there too. Maybe it's somewhere else though.

Runfoolery, I can't imagine the weather will be great then...

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I'm thinking the midnight run would be the most " comfortable ."

QuirkyOne

The former Kelly728

The midnight and PJ run sound fun, but I know the weather will be absolutely awful that time of year.  I'll join in the holding of derogatory signs.

@runjerseygirl

I'll cosign on the miserable weather commentary.  Philly can have some pretty oppressive summer weather.  And in all likelihood  these races will fall right at the peak of a heat wave.  But, if you do decide to come to the city of brotherly indifference, let me know.  I'd love to meet some of you all!

Do you even run?