Beginners and Beyond

Finally Fridailies (Read 39 times)

LRB

I could not hit 10k pace in that last mile.

In the 14th mile?  No shit!

In the 14th mile?  No shit!

Yea what a slacker.

Dave

LRB

lol

Mmmmm...beer

'Sup folks?

16.5 miles done today, 8.3 this morning, 8.2 this evening.  Great runs.  New shoes for this evening's run, a pair of Saucony Triumphs, love 'em!  They're like the Cortanas, but without the medial support and they're 8mm drop instead of 4mm.  With the increased mileage, I wanted to add something to the rotation that still had a lot of cushioning.  Plus, I've been having a bit of achilles tightness, and rotating a lil higher drop shoe should help (along with the stretching and rolling I've been doing).

My posts will most likely drop off dramatically starting next week.  I'll be out on an aircraft carrier for a month for work, and internet access usually sucks.  But I'll try to pop in when I can.  I'm really dreading my long runs on the treadmill, I can handle my hour long doubles no problem, but three hours on the 'mill is going to drive me insane.  Wish me luck. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I'm really dreading my long runs on the treadmill, I can handle my hour long doubles no problem, but three hours on the 'mill is going to drive me insane.  Wish me luck. Smile

There is a point while on the treadmill where you accept it and get lost.  Good luck finding that groove!

Cyberic

D., that lunch looks like a piece of heaven. And you had the right word earlier: I AM a complainer!

14 miles done, some at GMP and some easy. 8:13 average. I could not hit 10k pace in that last mile. Eff you, Hansons plan.

10k pace in the last mile of 14 miles? That's some tough workout.

There is a point while on the treadmill where you accept it and get lost.  Good luck finding that groove!

If you want crazy - there's a guy on the forums who on his 50th birthday, did 50k on the treadmill.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

'Sup folks?

16.5 miles done today, 8.3 this morning, 8.2 this evening.  Great runs.  New shoes for this evening's run, a pair of Saucony Triumphs, love 'em!  They're like the Cortanas, but without the medial support and they're 8mm drop instead of 4mm.  With the increased mileage, I wanted to add something to the rotation that still had a lot of cushioning.  Plus, I've been having a bit of achilles tightness, and rotating a lil higher drop shoe should help (along with the stretching and rolling I've been doing).

My posts will most likely drop off dramatically starting next week.  I'll be out on an aircraft carrier for a month for work, and internet access usually sucks.  But I'll try to pop in when I can.  I'm really dreading my long runs on the treadmill, I can handle my hour long doubles no problem, but three hours on the 'mill is going to drive me insane.  Wish me luck. Smile

Have fun!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

"Wintery, White, and Wet."  For wet to happen, it has to be above freezing, so that beats last year's "In polar vortex, Siberia gets sent to *you*."

How about dry and 40s?  Yeah, that'd be great.  The treadmills stand ready in any event.

10.2 easy - Pumpkin Spice stuff and Oktoberfests are officially OK now.

LRB

If you want crazy - there's a guy on the forums who on his 50th birthday, did 50k on the treadmill.

31 miles?  You can count me out!

I will probably do something lame in four years on my 50th birthday like oh I don't know, go out and drink and celebrate at a nice restaurant.

If I do anything running related it would probably be a 50 minute and 50 second run at 5:50 AM or some easy shit like that. lol

B-Plus

D., that lunch looks like a piece of heaven. And you had the right word earlier: I AM a complainer!

14 miles done, some at GMP and some easy. 8:13 average. I could not hit 10k pace in that last mile. Eff you, Hansons plan.

Since when is there 10k pace in that plan? Unless this is one of those progression runs. Everything seems fine and dandy, then BAM! You can barely muster MP.

happylily

Since when is there 10k pace in that plan? Unless this is one of those progression runs. Everything seems fine and dandy, then BAM! You can barely muster MP.

Yes, it was a progression run, from easy to MP, then HM pace, then 10k pace (at the 12th mile), then 2 more easy to finish. I knew from the start that I would not be able to hit 10k pace in the 12th mile, at the end of the week and after a full day's work. I had a long tempo run just 2 days ago on top of that. And I still have 9 tomorrow and 20 on Sunday, I was not going to ruin that for one stupid 10k pace mile. Pfitz was kinder to me and made more sense. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Yes, it was a progression run, from easy to MP, then HM pace, then 10k pace (at the 12th mile), then 2 more easy to finish. I knew from the start that I would not be able to hit 10k pace in the 12th mile, at the end of the week and after a full day's work. I had a long tempo run just 2 days ago on top of that. And I still have 9 tomorrow and 20 on Sunday, I was not going to ruin that for one stupid 10k pace mile. Pfitz was kinder to me and made more sense. 

Those last few miles can be sneaky! Don't worry about it. But it seems you have already moved on.

StepbyStep-SH

Active recovery for this evening (after this morning's 20-miler): 2+ miles running and walking through a VERY muddy corn maze in the dark trying, mostly in vain, to keep up with my 8-year-old and his friends on tired legs with shoes that weighed an extra pound apiece due to the mud. Lots of fun for everyone, though I may report differently in the morning.

And now it is WAY past my normal bedtime, and I am about to crash.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.