Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins Take 45 (Read 27 times)

hog4life

Quick check in, finished my half in 1:56:05. I'll be back later twitch a few details.

SheCan

5K done. I could sugar coat it by saying I came in 9th overall, 2nd AG, a PR, at 22:34. The fact is I am kind of disappointed. I felt my training and a previous race in September would give me a 21:59. I went thru about 14 weeks of training, I was hitting my interval paces, mileage was good - and I don't feel that I spent it all in my training even though it was pretty comprehensive. Basically I trained my arse off and shaved only 12 seconds from last year.

Those small gains in time, especially once you get so fast take so much work.  This is a smoking hot fast time for most of us.  Congratulations on your 2nd AG.  Working your arse off did pay off;  it really is just hard.  I know its not the time you wanted, but you really should be proud of yourself.

Mitch-- congratulations to you!   What a difference a few weeks made.  I'm guessing you applied what you learned in the last race to this one.  Hope you're doing okay.  I'll keep an eye out for your RR.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

on my way to badass

Happy Saturday Penguins! I had a very productive Saturday. Got DH's snow tires put on his car. We both got runs in before noon, I went to quilt group and got some work done and went out and sat in a tree for awhile and waited for a deer to walk by. None did. Making dinner now and waiting for the race reports!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Sloooow.

Checking in. Did my 10K this morning. I'm not sure how to feel about the result! My ultimate goal was 1:09.XX, which I didn't make, but I did make my others goals (running less than 12mm, running less than 11:30mm pace) The course was about 1/10th mile long by my Garmin, so I stopped it at 6.2 miles and 1:10:04. Clock time is 1:10:46, 11:25 pace. My second 5K was faster than my first 5K which I think is great!

hog4life

Coralie, your time is great! Any time you negative split, it's a good day.

Stone, I like you, let me know when the venison is served, I'll be over in a flash, lol.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good evening everyone.

I finished my first HM today in 2:50.54.  While I didn't hit my goal of 2:30, I'm still happy with my race.  I learned a lot today about distance running and some things I really need to focus on for the next one.  Core strengthening exercises is at the top of the list.  I got a muscle cramp in the middle of my back just after 10 miles that killed my finish.  I plan to write a full race report tomorrow.

A sad part to today's race, a 35 year old marathoner collapsed at the finish and later died at the hospital.  They haven't released any details about it yet.  After I read that when I got home, my self-disappointment was quickly put into perspective.

Have a good night everyone.  I got up at 3:30am and I'm TIRED!

Running for TJ because he can't.

on my way to badass

Congrats Robert! Can't wait for your RR. Hog4life-don't wait on me for venison. You may starve. Next Saturday gun season starts. DH and I will take turns hunting. We'll have to plan carefully to get our runs in.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

SheCan

Coralie, Yay@ at that negative split!  You paced yourself well then.   How was the weather for this race?  Anyway, you did it!  Even after the hassles you've been dealing with!

Robert-- awesome job doing your first HM!  That's  a big deal.  Yes, it is super sad about the marathoner who passed away.  I hope you don't let it take away from your accomplishment.  Its just a reminder that life is short and can be quite unpredictable.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Coralie: a negative split is great!!

Hog: nice!!

Jerry: I hope the beer is as good as your time. Smile

PAD: you are doing just fine... Baby steps...

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on your first HM, Robert.  Were you able to stretch your back during the race?

Coralie, glad you got the 10k done.

Wow, Broadway is really crowded on Saturday night, so we didn't hang around too long.  We did go to the Ryman Auditorium and loved every minute.  Even saw Gunner from Nashville perform.  Still have another day here in Nashville.