Beginners and Beyond

It's MonDAILIES somewhere (Read 38 times)

Docket_Rocket

It's only 5 months to Boston!

Eek. You guys start training this month no?  Or are you doing less than 18 weeks?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Maybe he was just trying to lure me in. Because then he said he could get me the 5-10 minutes I was looking for.  Which sounds nice, right?

My next marathon is Boston.  BOSTON!

I KNEW THAT.  Meh, I can't remember anything my wife tells me either.

<3

Hi dailies:

DaveP - great news, hope the comeback goes well for you.

Sick enough to not even consider running today.  I'm going to put on most of my clothes and all of my blankets and go to bed early. 

Also!

*Phone rings from an unknown number*

"Hello?"

sleepy woman's voice:  "I just want to know where my glasses are."

(No women have recently left their glasses or anything else at my house, but without missing a beatSmile "On the bookshelf by the TV."

*click*

LRB

Also!

*Phone rings from an unknown number*

"Hello?"

sleepy woman's voice:  "I just want to know where my glasses are."

(No women have recently left their glasses or anything else at my house, but without missing a beatSmile "On the bookshelf by the TV."

*click*

lol

Your post last week about the cat electing to stay outside while you were at work then giving you the crooked eye when you got home was funny too!

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  Maybe it was the cat.

Pilates class and 7 miles.  I almost got a side stitch at the end, grrr.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

B plus that seems to be the problem of the day. Delayed flights. I'm not even sure my luggage will make it.  I hope so. I can't train at a center in jeans. I always dress well for work. I don't wear jeans to a center.

The plane got in on time, but they were trying to repair a broken window and couldn't. So they had to track down another plane for us, which I am thankful they did even though we were 3 hours delayed.

I hope you made it within a reasonable time, MA.

onemile

I ran 8 on the TM with 2E + 2 sets of (8x200R w/ 200 jog) w/800 between sets + 1.5 E. TM, R pace = 9.9mph/6:04

Cyberic

I ran 8 on the TM with 2E + 2 sets of (8x200R w/ 200 jog) w/800 between sets + 1.5 E. TM, R pace = 9.9mph/6:04

Nice speed workout!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

B plus I did. My bag got there about 20 min before me as it made a flight from Charlotte to Orlando. So I didn't have to wait for it. Was on the belt as soon as I got to the bag check for the other airline. I'm glad it made it. At least I have it so I have running stuff and work cloths. Undetermined if I will run tomorrow or not. Tbd as I like to run where I staying tonight but I have to be at a center early tomorrow. So we shall see.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It's not even rush hour and it just took me an hour to get home from downtown. Sigh.

Well, you should drive that commute, not run it. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It's only 5 months to Boston!

Wow, you're going to run to Boston over the next 5 months?  Good luck with that! 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The plane got in on time, but they were trying to repair a broken window and couldn't. So they had to track down another plane for us, which I am thankful they did even though we were 3 hours delayed.

I hope you made it within a reasonable time, MA.

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to fly on a plane with a broken window either...cuz that darn Twilight Zone creature might be able to get in then...

B-Plus

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to fly on a plane with a broken window either...cuz that darn Twilight Zone creature might be able to get in then...

Lol, that looks like my hairy friend.