Beginners and Beyond

88 Yr Old sets World Masters Record in indoor 3000 meters (Read 47 times)

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

This was front page in the Philly Inquirer this morning.  Not unusual to have an article about older runners, but read it to see how long he has been running.  Moreover, he just ran a 26:45 5k race, which aint to bad regardless of age.

http://www.philly.com/philly/health/20130408_Wilmington_man__88__got_a_late_start_and_kept_on_running.html

He is from the Philly area, I am sure Wcrunner has some comments or can attest to his running abilities.  Funny how the other Masters track clubs were "recruiting" him for their teams.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

This was front page in the Philly Inquirer this morning.  Not unusual to have an artile about older runners, but read it to see how long he has been running.  Moreover, he just ran a 26:45 5k race, which aint to bad regardless of age.

http://www.philly.com/philly/health/20130408_Wilmington_man__88__got_a_late_start_and_kept_on_running.html

He is from the Philly area, I am sure Wcrunner has some comments or can attest to his running abilities.  Funny how the other Masters track clubs were "recruiting" him for their teams.

I haven't met him yet, but I know Dave McCorquodale since he's in my AG. He's a new runner and I don't race as often as I used to so I haven't run into him yet. Unfortunately I'll miss him at the 8K on April 21st because I have a 10K planned that day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Great story, great article.  I really liked how it was written.  A nice pick me up for an otherwise dull work day for me.  Thanks for sharing.

**Ask me about streaking**

Walk-Jogger

Great story, great article.  I really liked how it was written.  A nice pick me up for an otherwise dull work day for me.  Thanks for sharing.

+1. A good read during my lunch break.

Retired &  Loving It