Beginners and Beyond

Italian Runner Caught Tossing Puppies over Wall (Read 82 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/puppy-tossing-runner-arrested

I just don't understand this nonsense, the cruelty of it. They were just puppies probably wanting to accompany him on a run, and he just throws them over the wall, not walks up to the wall reach over to drop them but literally backs away from the wall and throws them. I hope he gets time in jail and has to pay a fine or something, those puppies are lucky the older dogs didn't decide to tear into them. Angry

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

"Video of the incident is below. The puppy tossing, which some may find disturbing, starts at about the 3:00 mark."

Uh yeah, no, I do not need to see that.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The property owner says the pups will live but they did sustain some injuries.... the asshole needs a swift kick in the balls.

"Video of the incident is below. The puppy tossing, which some may find disturbing, starts at about the 3:00 mark."

Uh yeah, no, I do not need to see that.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

I see these types of news every day and it's really sad to think there are so many bad people around the world.  I also read awesome stories of people that save animals like these or get an asshole like this.

I have a special place in my heart for people that abuse animals, kids, or the elderly.  A place full of burning anger!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

"Tossing" is one way of putting it.  "PUPPY HEAVE-HO!" is another.  WTF is wrong with this guy?  Dude went out of his way to throw them against the side of the trailer.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Like I said, a swift kick in the gonads... or somebody throw him over that wall and against the trailer. It's one thing if you dislike or even hate dogs, or fear them but a puppy!!!???? And to do something like this.... even if you do hate or fear them, it is unacceptable. I hope those puppies find a good home and get better.

PRs

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thank you for the description of the video.  I'm not going to watch it.  When we found our dog, he was a puppy.  There was a couple in the middle of the street.  The woman was swinging a purse at him, and the man snatched him up by the collar and held him at arm's length.  First, we told the woman to get off of my wife's car, and then told the guy to drop the puppy.

We never found the owners.  I have to assume that they weren't that great either.  We reported this dog everywhere imaginable.  We walked him for hours on end looking for the owners.  In the end, I'm glad that nobody claimed him.  He's the best dog ever.  I can't for the life of me figure out why those people were treating him like that.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013