Beginners and Beyond

The Dumbest Race Ever? (Read 96 times)

LRB

Kenichi Ito of Japan breaks world record for fastest 100 meter dash on all fours.

"This week in Tokyo, Kenichi Ito shattered his old mark and set a new world record for fastest 100-meter dash run on all fours. Ito completed the race in 16.87 seconds, breaking last year's time of 17.47 seconds."

If you have absolutely nothing better to do with your time, the video is here.  As you can see from the hundreds of thousands of fans in the standing room only stadium, running on all fours will soon become the new running on two's (okay that was bad).

In case you are wondering (if you are still here that is), a 16.87 - 100 meter time is a pace of 4:35, so there is that.

Walk-Jogger

Awesome! How come I've never seen anyone training for that event?

Retired &  Loving It

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

HAHAHA!!! In the pediatric physical and occupational therapy world we call that "bear walking" it is really good for upper body and core strengthening and easy to incorporate into games and obstacle courses with kids. I have these races at work all day long with the kiddos I work with. Maybe I will compete for the record??

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Little Blue

I think the guy in lane 1 needs to work on his form. Clown

Love the Half

Hey, he has a world record and you don't.  So there.  Joking

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

Hey, he has a world record and you don't.  So there.  Joking

I am not sure I could run that time on two legs!

StepbyStep-SH

"Four legs good; two legs bad."

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.