Beginners and Beyond

Thumbs up to Knuckle Lights! (Read 348 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I don't own them but I saw a runner using them last night. It was kind of foggy and misty but they were highly visible and I knew exactly what they were. They made a unique pattern from the swinging of the runner's arms. Don't know if they were the originals or version 2. Looked like they lit the fairly well also.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gator eye

Intil it gets below 30 degrees and the dang things shut off and won't turn back on.

Hopefully they fixed this problem with the new version.

I got shipping notification of mine a few days ago. They should be arriving any time now. They will be version 2, so I'll have to post once I try em.

delicate flower

DW just bought me a set!  She's a good wife.  I am going to look like a Christmas tree, between the knuckle lights, headlamp, and reflective vest. 

<3

Not quite right

DW just bought me a set!  She's a good wife.  I am going to look like a Christmas tree, between the knuckle lights, headlamp, and reflective vest. 

better to look like a Christmas tree than road kill Big grin

YAYpril - B-Plus

I've had my pair for over a year and I love them. My RP actually got a pair because she liked mine so much, so every Tuesday night we run around with quad-bobbing lights. We've had quite a few comments/compliments on them while out running.

I was going to buy myself a set, but realized that I don't like running with anything in my hands.  Opted for a $3. strobe light that clips to my shorts.  I've also discovered that in cases where there aren't sidewalks, no matter how much 'lit up' I am or how far to the side of the road I am on...asses still will not give an inch to veer around you.

Sharz96

Love my Knuckle Lights!  I've had mine for a year and ran down to 0F last winter.  No problems with them going out in cold weather.  Well, once I do remember losing the light in one of them and thinking the battery was dead, but when I went to change it, it was fine.  But that wasn't in the coldest weather, and it came back on as soon as they warmed up.  So ... fluke?  I don't know. 

Village people

I don't even notice them in my hands. I live in a rural area with no street lights and all houses are set back away from the road. I was doubtful, but they worked great!  It kind of felt like I was running in a spotlight or chasing one.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I wonder if they will fit over the fingers on gloves?  I have some arthritis in my hands so I wear gloves all year round when I run.  Not sure knuckle lights would fit over those.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Village people

I was wearing gloves, thin ones, but the strap is adjustable.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I think I need to buy a set. I run early in the morning and some of the areas on my routes are very dimly lit. I didn't see a patch of ice and almost fell on my ass this morning. Plus, I had to leave the sidewalk and run in the street due to a lot of ice.  I hate running with stuff in my hands, but that is better than hurting myself or getting hit by a car!

aponi

never runs the tangents

I told Santa about these things a long time ago. Right now I'm just wrapping a camping headlamp around my hand.

I had some little red light thing and well ok it wouldn't stay on and then there was this sidewalk with a tree root making it stick up and a crash and the light may or may not have been thrown with all the force of a former juvenile delinquent with a damn fine rock throwing arm shattering it against a tree.

yea that's one sentence 

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Village people

Here is a picture. The strap keeps them on your hand.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

That probably wouldn't be too bad since it straps on the outside. I tried to run with a handheld once, but I didn't like holding it in my hand even though it had a strap. The water sloshing around in there drove me nuts too.