Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES, It's Monday Morning, Get Up Offa That Thing! (Read 44 times)

happylily

Lily, when I started, it was 71F with a dewpoint of 60F.

If I had done something else tonight and run tomorrow, instead, my pace would have been better.

Ugh. I'm jut glad that it's done.

I bet it has great benefits on your mental discipline. The hardest runs are those we benefit most from.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Lily, the change in your dinner plans sucks. I'm sure that you and SO will have a pleasant evening alone soon.

I'm mental, all right. Tonight sucked.

LRB

Rick, how often do you work with the red cord?

Once a week for the past 8 weeks.  It is starting to pay dividends as I felt extremely strong for the first time during my track workout Saturday!

Nicole had been asking me this entire time have I noticed a difference in my running since beginning red cord and up to then I had not, but boy was I flying around that track and felt so strong through the torso while doing it.

I told her about it today and could see the joy in her face because she wants me to be and do well and thinks my hip weakness is my weakness so to speak.

Most of her other clients are covered by insurance and I am one of the few who is paying out of pocket so there was a leap of faith there on my part but like I told her, I believe in the concept but mostly i believe in her or I would not keep going.

If I can ever get this adductor issue I have been having solved watch the fuck out...

LRB

Then ask for chorizo con queso, unless you are a vegetarian, in which case, just have cheese!

I tried that once or twice when I was a carnivore and it was really, really greasy.  I did not really care for it for that reason but for those who love it great.

I know that I should eat at least a light dinner, but I can't the thought of any food makes me queasy. I slowly ate a Luigi lemon Italian ice and chased that with a bit of water and an S!Cap. Those helped a bit.

I can't remember what I've done in the past after tough runs longer than ten miles. Any suggestions on what to do about refueling when my appetite is dormant?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I know that I should eat at least a light dinner, but I can't the thought of any food makes me queasy. I slowly ate a Luigi lemon Italian ice and chased that with a bit of water and an S!Cap. Those helped a bit.

I can't remember what I've done in the past after tough runs longer than ten miles. Any suggestions on what to do about refueling when my appetite is dormant?

I usually force myself to eat something after it.  Maybe a soup might help in those days?  Or if not, a smoothie (dairy based, like chocolate peanut butter)?

Damaris

A smoothie is an idea. I'll have to spring for a new blender for dairy-based drinks.

StepbyStep-SH

I started doing smoothies after long runs a couple of years ago when I would finish the run not feeling hungry. I could drink something, though I didn't want to eat. My basic is 2/3 of a banana (frozen in slices - about 2/3 is what fits into a little snack-size ziploc bag), 1/4 c of plain Greek yogurt, a handful of spinach, 1/4-1/2 c of some other fruit (or more banana and a couple scoops of PB2), then a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Usually a good shake of cinnamon, too.

Soup or broth might work well, too, for the sodium.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.