Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: It Ain't Friday Yet (Read 35 times)

Forty minutes done. Blech.

LRB

...and it's 6 weeks after my marathon, which gives me plenty of time to recover and even to do a couple weeks of 10K-specific training.

True dat!

I got in 4 easy outside after work, it was warm but there was a nice breeze so it really was not bad.  I ended up with no less than a million and one bugs all over my face, singlet and body though, and one of the little fucks in my eye.  Not sure what was up with that.

I am looking at 10 tomorrow morning which means I will need to be on the asphalt at 6:00 am to get it in before work in get this; complete darkness!  And judging from today, I will probably run 5 or 6 miles before it starts to get daylight out, GASP!

I know that may not be a big deal for most, but running in the dark was absolutely the one thing I never, ever thought I would do...besides running of course!  lol

Jess runs for bacon

LRB, I still can't run in the dark unless I am with a group. I get scared Sad Makes me glad I have a TM.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thanks, you guys. In my taper-induced emotion, I'm in tears, LOL. All of your words of wisdom and support mean a lot.

And if I can brag, I really do have the best friends anyone could ask for. One of them posted this on my Facebook yesterday:

...just wanted to take a quick second and wish you a week of rest (mentally and physically), positive thoughts, and incredible marathon juju for the upcoming weekend of F-U-N! 26.2 miles for more than 26.2 reasons why you're blessed and able to FINISH IT!!!!! My kids and I will be out on the course watching for you!!! I wish you a great, healthy run!

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, you guys. In my taper-induced emotion, I'm in tears, LOL. All of your words of wisdom and support mean a lot.

And if I can brag, I really do have the best friends anyone could ask for. One of them posted this on my Facebook yesterday:

...just wanted to take a quick second and wish you a week of rest (mentally and physically), positive thoughts, and incredible marathon juju for the upcoming weekend of F-U-N! 26.2 miles for more than 26.2 reasons why you're blessed and able to FINISH IT!!!!! My kids and I will be out on the course watching for you!!! I wish you a great, healthy run!

You have taper...bad.

I saw that post.  Very nice friend!  My only regret is that I cannot run your marathon with you.

My 800s went really well.  Hubby ran 2 miles without shin pain.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

TaperilRunner (HA!) you can do it!!!

scotty your cartoons were funny. Except the first one was kind of yikes.... anyway.... FOOTBALL DAY?!?! I love football!!!! And I work at a school so it was closed for summer vacation these past 3 weeks so no one was working Smile

Checking back in.... I did not run...... I went into one of my part-time jobs after my full-time job today just to get some paperwork caught up (work doesn't start again til next week for that job for me, but I had a few housekeeping things I needed to get done) and one of my co-workers there, who is one of my best friends outside of work, is having a tough time right now and asked if we could have dinner and chat because she needed to talk about some things that has been upsetting her.....apparently she had a rough few weeks while I was away. So I had girl time instead. I NEEEED to get back on the running wagon......

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Taperil - Your day is almost here. Just try your best to stay busy this week (without being on your feet too much) to keep your mind off things. I wasn't nervous for my first because I didn't know any better - everybody is different of course. I don't have any race week or race day advice for you, but I'd just like to suggest that you take an entire week off after the marathon and spend some time doing other things that you enjoy that you may have neglected these few months. Make lots of cupcakes, have a few beers, gain a few pounds.

6 x 1 mile @ 6:36, 6:35, 6:30, 6:32, 6:33, 6:33 w/ .25 mile recoveries. 11.25 miles total.

Although I'm not streaking, I hit my longest ever with today's run at 62 days. My legs felt dead during my workout, but I still hit my paces so I'll just monitor things for now.

Hi Dailies:

Basya - glad the kids were being fun and not little monsters

D - "Starbucks was closed because the AC broke" - I think they were suffering a 1st world problem.  Glad Mr. D had no shin issues.

Baboon - 4 day workweek, nice.  I think mine has been 17 days. Have fun outside.  You should smoke that HM PR.

Kristin - back to the grind, very kind of you to help your co-worker.

D^2 - the house should be much quieter now, at least for part of the day?

Rick - Sweet.  The mental preparation for racing is important too.

Oski - yikes.  Feel better.

Hobbit - oh, that would have been a great way to get out of helping with the move.  "Sorry, I can't risk any injuries before the big race".

Zelanie - enjoy the rest

Step - lunch with friends, always good

Burrn - you're doing well, you'll make it through

Tom - good FL run

Granite - Running in the rain is taboo?  Shit.  Snow must be downright sinful then, maybe I'll go to Miami when I die?  Tongue

Marjorie - sending good thoughts for Hammy

jjs - pub run eh?  Do tell.

Scotty - I'll bet that first comic was penned before 2001.

Tapril - the madness!  AHHHH!  Try not to think of it as "I will survive", but "I will thrive."  To echo Rick a bit, your training has prepared you to do just another LR, but this one has people cheering for you, people handing you cups of water and sports drinks, and a medal at the end.  Since you're not racing, don't worry about "too slow", it doesn't exist.  Run the pace that is comfortable for you, and enjoy the day.  The time will go by quickly.

Lilac - yes, face-punches for anyone who messes with April.

Robert - hi

Meaghan - yes, break that 10K PR and just have fun volunteering at the other one.

B+ - nice repeats!  (Isn't streaking a Cali thing anyway?)

10 miles at dusk, making good use of the cold front that went though and made the evening downright fall-like.  A 6:12 pace was surprisingly comfortable;  and I thought a lot about how maybe sub 3 is only the beginning.

Will run for scenery.

Ran the pub run being super careful about the AT tightness.  Ran slow (12 m/m) until I was warmed up, but that took 2 miles, so only 1 mile more @ 10 m/m.

After 2 beers over 1.5 hours I ran to my car and felt even better.

Since Jay already posted, I'll get the lights.  G'night all!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

10 miles at dusk, making good use of the cold front that went though and made the evening downright fall-like.  A 6:12 pace was surprisingly comfortable;  and I thought a lot about how maybe sub 3 is only the beginning.

*like*

LRB

A 6:12 pace was surprisingly comfortable;  and I thought a lot about how maybe sub 3 is only the beginning.

Just saw this, that's the old glass ceiling.  Time to bash through that bitch like a battering ram!