Beginners and Beyond

Get Monday going (Read 49 times)

Beth and DH, Lily, congratulations on your marathon!

Nicole, wonderful lunchtime run. Have fun doubling tonight.

Rick, have a drink for me, too, while you're at it.

Docket_Rocket

I can breathe better and my 6 went really well, even though it was 86F and humid.  Progress.  Hoping the breathing resolves itself before Sunday.  Not expecting a fast time but I want to breathe, you know.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Damaris, I'm glad that you're feeling better and that your run went well.

10.0 in 1:37:30 (9:45).

outoftheblue

I can breathe better and my 6 went really well, even though it was 86F and humid.  Progress.  Hoping the breathing resolves itself before Sunday.  Not expecting a fast time but I want to breathe, you know.

Breathing is good.   When do you fly out?  I hope a couple of days of less hot and humid weather will make things that much better.

Life is good.

outoftheblue

Beth and DH, Lily, congratulations on your marathon!

Nicole, wonderful lunchtime run. Have fun doubling tonight.

Rick, have a drink for me, too, while you're at it.

Make that three.  I turned my ankle going to the steep gravel path to the garden today.  Might be looking at a few URDs.

Life is good.

outoftheblue, ouch! Heal soon.

On Mother's Day I was fortunate to run another marathon with my hubby (or should I sat run at the same marathon

as my hubby because he is always far far ahead of me) AND I got to see and wave at  Happy Lily on the course 3 times.

She was flitting along like her feet don't even touch the ground, just as I pictured she would.

I know, right? Every race pic I've ever seen of her is a floater.

Hope to see RR's & pics from both of you!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Breathing is good.   When do you fly out?  I hope a couple of days of less hot and humid weather will make things that much better.

We are flying out Saturday and returning Monday.  It will be a short trip.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Make that three.

I'm higher than inflation!  You will feel much better in the morning.

Nice call on the salted caramel cake D!

Congrats Beth!  What is American bacon called there?  American bacon? 

Beth, Lily, Beth's DH - congrats!

5.1 recovery before heading home to mow the lawn for the first time this year.  Never have I been happier about doing that chore. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

I'm higher than inflation!  You will feel much better in the morning.

Nice call on the salted caramel cake D!

Congrats Beth!  What is American bacon called there?  American bacon? 

I knew you would like it.  Too bad they serve a tiny piece

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I hope there are pics feom the Canadian FE!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I knew you would like it.  Too bad they serve a tiny piece

It actually was just right.  Left me wanting more, but satisfied too.

Docket_Rocket

It actually was just right.  Left me wanting more, but satisfied too.

True.  I mean small by American standards, but after a meal like that, just right.  I need to buy me some when I get there again.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

True.  I mean small by American standards, but after a meal like that, just right.  I need to buy me some when I get there again.

Yeah usually when you order a slice of cake they take a slice out and bring you the cake!  It was priced right too at $2.95, imagine that.