Beginners and Beyond

Feeling awful (Read 163 times)

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

I had my wisdom teeth out a week ago.  I haven't run since.  Once my gums stopped aching my throat started in. It feels like something is constantly stuck in there, and it's hard to swallow.  Went in to the oral surgeon yesterday, tonsils are swollen, think it might be a mild infection, on antibiotics.

I'm just pouting.  I want to feel better, I want to be outside!  Bleargh.

happylily

Here's a big hug for you, (((sunfastrose))). I hope the pain goes away soon and you can get back on the roads you love!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Feel better!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Love the Half

Blech.  I'd almost rather have an injury than stuff like that because at least with an injury, you can feel like, "well, I'm hurt because I was kicking ass and I just tried to kick a little more ass than I should have."  This kind of thing is just miserable.  And feel free to bitch all you want here.  One of the things I like about this community is that folks here actually understand why you're upset.  Get better

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

YAYpril - B-Plus

Feel better.

Better I Leave

It can take awhile sometimes to bounce back from wisdom teeth extraction(s). Sorry to hear about the subsequent infection though. Get some rest and heal...The outside will still be there when you're ready. Smile

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

Blech.  I'd almost rather have an injury than stuff like that because at least with an injury, you can feel like, "well, I'm hurt because I was kicking ass and I just tried to kick a little more ass than I should have."  This kind of thing is just miserable.  And feel free to bitch all you want here.  One of the things I like about this community is that folks here actually understand why you're upset.  Get better

That's exactly it. I've always bounced back quickly from tooth stuff (and believe me, I've experienced a ton), so I had high expectations to come back from this quickly.  It's the longest streak of not running since I got serious about it, and it's DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Thanks to all for the best wishes. Right now the plan is to hold on to my sanity, give the drugs their time to work, and not rush back.  I'd rather lose a bit in the short term by waiting an extra day than lose in the long term by rushing in.

Goorun

That's exactly it. I've always bounced back quickly from tooth stuff (and believe me, I've experienced a ton), so I had high expectations to come back from this quickly.  It's the longest streak of not running since I got serious about it, and it's DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Thanks to all for the best wishes. Right now the plan is to hold on to my sanity, give the drugs their time to work, and not rush back.  I'd rather lose a bit in the short term by waiting an extra day than lose in the long term by rushing in.

+1

hang in there and as PGDave said the outside will be still there when you're ready.

It's interesting how we sometimes need to fight off laziness to get out and run, but when we can't, it drives us nuts. We all have been there.

Hope you'll be ready to go in a few days.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Coastal

You aren't likely to lose much if anything by taking it easy and resting up.  If you're like many if not most of us the break will be somewhat beneficial.

Infections are nothing to mess with.  Take care of you.  Smile

LRB

Boo, stupid teeth.  Next time, call this guy.  You won't remember a thing the next morning!

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

^^^Those pics made me laugh, cringe then shiver.  BTW, Hangover 3 is coming to a theater near you!  Drink up!  Dead

Hope you feel better!

LRB

BTW, Hangover 3 is coming to a theater near you!  Drink up!  Dead

I laughed throughout the first one and maybe twice during the sequel, while the entire theater laughed.  I was looking around like what the hell am I missing!  Hopefully, I can laugh again throughout the third one.

Anyway, feel better Susan!

Dr. Cornsitter

As someone who had tonsilitis a minimum of 4 times a year as a child, I completely sympathize with you! I got strep throat this past Septemeber too and it knocked me on my ass for 5 days! I am so sorry to hear you're feeling the hurt. Rest up and get well, soon!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Buelligan

Not being able to run because of illness or injury can be a blessing sometimes, especially if it's something you know you'll get over (which you most certainly will).  It wasn't until I wasn't able to run that I realized how much I loved and needed it.  It was something that was always there and I could take or leave it whenever I wanted.  When it wasn't there, I never wanted to run so badly in my life.

Thank God, or the gods, or whatever... it came back to me.  When it does for you, you'll be better than ever.