Beginners and Beyond

Chafing and male thigh exposure Penguins..... (Read 43 times)

Docket_Rocket

I have a similar saying, scotty, but in Spanish sounds funnier.  It's something like: I would like to put you on a sealed envelope and FedEx you to hell (it's not hell but I cannot find a better curse word for the word carajo).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

3.3 earlier today for me.  Enjoy the remainder of your day everyone.  I took today off to make it a 4 day weekend.  Serviced our truck this morning.  Now cooking a pot of chili then a NAP. 

That sounds like my kind of day...

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I have a similar saying, scotty, but in Spanish sounds funnier.  It's something like: I would like to put you on a sealed envelope and FedEx you to hell (it's not hell but I cannot find a better curse word for the word carajo).

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

5K in the morning.  Will find out some things :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Philliefan33

Scotty, working from the mountain house is better than being in the office. It feels like a four-day weekend without having to use a vacation day.

Bin, there's a possibility we could retire here, but no definite plans yet. I think we will need to spend longer stretches of time here before making that decision. Some things like having to drive 30 minutes to buy groceries seem like a problem, but if we were retired and had all day to make a shopping trip maybe its not an issue.

I did a little over six miles today. The run was sucky- dead legs and the slowest pace I've had in months. But the surroundings were wonderful, a nice day in the mountains along a river. After about a mile I decided to just enjoy the outside time without worrying about the run. So I stopped a few times to take in the view and appreciate the day.

GinnyinPA

I ended up neither running nor hiking today - we spent most of the afternoon at the Urgent Care Center.  When we were hiking on Monday, Jim slipped crossing a creek and landed badly on a rock.  His ribs hurt, but not unbearably.  Today he said he could feel and hear movement in the bones, so we decided to get it x-rayed.  Sure enough, three broken ribs.  In a week we are supposed to take off for a 4 or 5 month road trip.  The plan, among other things, was to rehike the Washington and northern Oregon sections of the PCT.  I think that may not happen now.  We'll still do the road trip and probably still head to Washington and Oregon, but I'm thinking that two months of backpacking are a stretch.  Hopefully we'll still be able to do dayhikes and some short backpacking trips.  A few years ago Jim slipped in the bathtub the day we were heading out for a summer of backpacking and broke a rib.  We ended up driving to Alaska instead.  I think Jim's subconscious is done with long backpacking trips.

Robert, we're having chili too.  Made it last night, along with cornbread.

Zelanie

Oh man, Ginny, that's a frustrating turn of events!  Glad you figured that out now and not 20 miles from the nearest town, though!

I don't know where in Oregon you'll be, but I'll be in Corvallis until we leave for Costa Rica on June 21.  It will be pretty hectic with finishing up with school and getting ready to go, though.  Another cool thing is that somebody from my running club is hiking Snoqualmie Pass to Yosemite beginning on July 5, so maybe you guys will cross paths at some point!

Philliefan33

Ginny, that's not good news.  I can't imagine that he will be able to carry a heavy pack until those ribs heal.   Sorry that you have to change plans .