Beginners and Beyond

Yeah! 75 races done for the year! Corpus Christi City-Wide Challenge 5K Report and Photos (Read 52 times)

Hip Redux

Congrats, Scotty!

(what the heck does Keep Calm and Chive On mean?  Hmm)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice to see Legs.  Happy New Year Scott  !!!

happylily

First, Happy belated Birthday, Lorrie! You have a great dad! Secondly, huge congrats, Scotty, on 75 races for the year! OMG! Do you realize all the money that you've put into this? It's like a huge donation to charity, you totally rock! Of course, you also rock for actually running those races, and reporting them to us. That is really cool and I always enjoy looking at all the pictures you have for us. I had never seen anything from Corpus Christi before, though I had heard of the name. Really interesting! I have to admit that I laughed a bit at the picture where an arrow on a sign is pointing at a lady runner's butt. It looks like you put the arrow there yourself, with photoshop. lol... Happy New Year, my friend! May 2014 bring you many more happy races!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Love the Half

Damn, that's a bunch of races.  It also wouldn't be cheap.    Keep on keepin' on my man.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I have to admit that I laughed a bit at the picture where an arrow on a sign is pointing at a lady runner's butt. It looks like you put the arrow there yourself, with photoshop. lol..

LOL, Lilly.  I did not even notice that until you mentioned it, I had to go back and look.  It does look like something I would do, lol.  But no, that  just happened to be where the course sign was and I was taking a photo of her, I didn't even notice the indicator arrow at the time, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Damn, that's a bunch of races.  It also wouldn't be cheap.    Keep on keepin' on my man.

No it is not cheap, but it does help keep me sane and Gail also doesn't mind, as it gets me out 'underfoot' of her for a while, when she has things going on at home, lol.  She is a Scentsy consultant/vendor, so has several home parties a year, and she also does not like me underfoot when she is cleaning house, lol.  Hey, I'm easy...I'll go race while she cleans house! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Good stuff, Scotty.

Was that a 1.5 mile finish on the beach?  Like, you had ot actually run on beach sand?  The first HM I ran this year had .1 mile finish on beach sand and that was enough for me.

<3