Beginners and Beyond

Let's see your tree! (or other holiday stuff) (Read 113 times)

Christmas Tree

My DW's creation.  Includes some of my mother's homemade ornaments.  Her tree was similar to Just B.S. - all handmade ornaments.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

happylily

bozydeco, what a beautiful tree! And how precious those handmade ornaments must be to you. I really wish I were crafty like your DW and Beth.

LRB, in Canada, we call a house like mine an igloo in the 'burbs. 

So, is everyone ready for Christmas? I'm going shopping this morning. I need to find 6 gifts for kids aged 2 to 6. I also need something for a 16 year old boy who spends his days listening to music, playing video games and reading. And I am completely confused as to what is cool to him and what is so uncool, so I'm certain to go wrong with what I buy. Should I just give him money? Or maybe some socks, undies and a couple shirts, so I can win the award for most uncool mother of the year. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Love your tree and house, Julie!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

That's it, B&B get together at Happylily's house.  Big grin

. I also need something for a 16 year old boy who spends his days listening to music, playing video games and reading. And I am completely confused as to what is cool to him and what is so uncool, so I'm certain to go wrong with what I buy. Should I just give him money? Or maybe some socks, undies and a couple shirts, so I can win the award for most uncool mother of the year. 

HappyLilly - my youngest son's interest is similar to your son's. Regarding reading  - inquire which books of his favorite authors which he has not read or sometimes they read a certain series of books, and again which books has he not read yet.  Does your son play video games on his computer  or a gaming system?  If on his computer, you may ask if there is a certain type  of headphones he would like or perhaps external speakers to enhance the gaming experience.  Or if on a gaming system, probably would purchase a gift card.  Save the boxers for his stockings.  He would not mind a couple of shirts but don't overload.  Jeans are always good too.

My experience from two boys who are just a few years older than your son.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Just B.S.

I love that you have some of your Mom's ornaments. I have been an artist and crafter my entire

life. I know that when I am gone my boys or their partners will not want all the stuff I have made over the years

but I hope they will pick some items that have special meaning to them and pass along to their children.

Christmas Tree

My DW's creation.  Includes some of my mother's homemade ornaments.  Her tree was similar to Just B.S. - all handmade ornaments.

Dad on the run.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

happylily

Beautiful pictures, Jimmy! I bet there was a very happy little princess at your house on Christmas day. 

The tree at my BIL's house where we had Christmas dinner, last night. I ate so much of the appetizers served before the main meal that I almost passed out at the table. SO had to loosen up my corset. 

And the kids on the 24th, at DD's place. It was DD's first time hosting Christmas. She made a cute little Christmas tree and cooked an incredible feast for us. She and DS are great accomplices, even though 12 years separate them.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

The "real" tree with all the family and handmade ornaments. As opposed to the two artificial in the other rooms.

StepbyStep-SH

Lily - Your DD is beautiful like her mom! And I love her fashion - though I could never dress in that style myself.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This is my parents' house. The decorating was all done by my mom, I can't take any credit, she does a fantastic job! So I'm sharing this, instead of my apartment, which only has an artificial tree that comes up to my mid-thigh and jingle bells on the door Smile

Living room tree- the real one we use to put presents under

Dining room table- where we had Christmas dinner

Family room (artificial tree used just for decoration)

Kitchen (ignore all the crap on the kitchen table, we were looking at user manuals trying to set up various Christmas presents before I took this)

Foyer

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Lily, Kristin, Beth, Jimmy -  all excellent!

LRB

I have never heard of having more than one tree!  I guess growing up on the east side had its disadvantages after all, boo.

Just B.S.

I have never heard of having more than one tree!  I guess growing up on the east side had its disadvantages after all, boo.

Awwww LRB sorry about that! LOL. We had one tree growing up as well. My tradition of having 3 stems mostly from the fact that I love to decorate and more trees gives more options