Beginners and Beyond

Sweet Saturdailies (Read 33 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Congrats on a great time!

How do you check a course's accuracy? I suspect my spring 10k was short, but I don't know how to check it other than with a GPS, and I was wearing it during the race...

I use either Google maps or Garmin course creation to manually recreate the route as a 2nd check.

I find asking others gets bogus and often lemming like answers.

Docket_Rocket

Two hours to race start. Good thing I am used to going to bed at midnight. Sheesh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Another 6 miles done. 13 miles for the day. I ran them at what the Hansons call my easy aerobic pace, while McMillan calls it my fast recovery pace. I call it my "I'm so fed up of this BS" pace.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Just met Phil and MBC!  They are great people!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Great job Sly!  I didn't really you were so fast.

Hope Baboon, Docket and MBC are having a great time right now.

Life is good.

LRB

The movie was good, not much in the way of character development or background info but I suspect that will come in the sequel.  As it is it was a pretty decent flick.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was feeling pretty good towards this evening before the Blood Moon Run 5k, I had plans of taking it easy and just enjoying the evening......... the very beginning had a huge hill, took my breath away. Then my friend Chelsea got ahead of me and that was it, I got competitive and stayed on her. I almost had her at the end, she finished just a second or so ahead of me but I had a blast, not feeling too bad but I am so taking it easy tomorrow and Monday, no running whatsoever 

By the way my finish time was 26:37 for 3.1 miles, average pace of 8:35 min/mile.............. do I need a spanking?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

We are done!!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page