Beginners and Beyond

RWBF hit bad by SPAM again (Read 189 times)

Antipodean

Glad I'm here...  Big grin

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Luke79

That sucks.  I don't go there anymore (it's the format more than the spam), but I'm rooting for them to get the issue under control.

Can anybody tell me what the status is of the invite only test forums over at RW? Are they going to replace the current forums are not? Possible time frame?

delicate flower

Moth needs to get over here already.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Yes, and to stop bumping the threads.  I see a new post on the threads and I get excited and it's only him re-copying what he posted 2 hours ago. Undecided

Moth needs to get over here already.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I don't go there at all, except to post for the game.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

I don't go there at all, except to post for the game.

+1 to that.  I wish Moth would make the switch too.  With or without spam, the rw forums are slow and clunky.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Chairman

Are people still pleading with RW to fix the problem and threatening to leave if nothing is done?

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

MrNamtor

Wish they would fix it already so we can all go back there. I miss the psychological abuse from SanguineSoul.

Love the Half

Holy canned meat product Batman.  Just checked it out.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I didn't know anyone still visited over there.  It hurts my eyeballs.

Running is dumb.

LRB

Eric responds to emails, is continually making upgrades, and actually appreciates both ours, and L&O's presence on this website.

There is a thread that I frequent in the training forum over there but otherwise, we have removed all references to runners world and have moved on.

I am all about Running Ahead.

Love the Half

I am all about Running Ahead.

I am all about Running Behind but that's because I procrastinate.  If procrastination were an Olympic sport, I'd start training for it next year.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Luke79

+1 to that.  I wish Moth would make the switch too.  With or without spam, the rw forums are slow and clunky.

I've thought this.  He's obviously very loyal to RW for whatever reason.

Docket_Rocket

The mods here can abuse you.  You shall only ask.

Wish they would fix it already so we can all go back there. I miss the psychological abuse from SanguineSoul.

I only go there for my MCM forum because they won't move out of RWOL.  I noticed the spam on the BF but apart from opening my team's weekly thread (which nobody responds to), I don't go there much.  My posts are still being deleted (sometimes as spam) so I think their site is as fucked up as usual.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page