Beginners and Beyond

The Last MONDAILIES of 2012 (Read 191 times)

@runjerseygirl

Kristin, I've been wearing the same shoes since I started in July.

Rick, one of the reasons I chose this shoe is because it's so light weight and flexible.  Do you think I might need more arch support?  Would that cause pain on the top of my foot?

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies, and Happy New Years' Eve!

Kay, I hope that you get that foot pain straightened out. Maybe take a brisk walk some time today and see if it's just a "kink" that needs to be worked out. I get those occasionally - unexplainable pains that disappear with a little movement.

Coffee's done, having my first cup. Mmmmmmm....

Today marks the second day in a row that I started the coffee maker with the coffee pot IN it rather than next to it.

Tonight's the annual Karen Lawrence 4.2 mile run for St. Jude in downtown Chattanooga. I'll be there, regardless of the weather. Latest forecast calls for upper 40s and a 20% chance of rain at race time. I think it'll be dry.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Kristin, I've been wearing the same shoes since I started in July.

Rick, one of the reasons I chose this shoe is because it's so light weight and flexible.  Do you think I might need more arch support?  Would that cause pain on the top of my foot?

I am unsure, but a lot of experienced runners wear a lightweight shoe to race in, but do their training runs in a heavier shoe.

Rick, thanks for the coffee.

flatrunner, great run.

Kay, ouch. I hope that it turns out to be nothing.

Damaris, enjoy running and weights.

Dave, good luck tonight!

Kristin, enjoy your rest day.

Tom, good luck tonight!

I just awoke from a nap. That soreness I had behind my knees? GONE. Gone as if it had never been there gone. I'm tempted go for the 19.0 later.

I am unsure, but a lot of experienced runners wear a lightweight shoe to race in, but do their training runs in a heavier shoe.

I wear VFFs as an everyday shoe and for my short (under six miles) runs. For my long runs and my speed work, I rotate through one of three different traditional running shoes.

Docket_Rocket

That's what I do.  I train in heavier shoes and race in light shoes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Morning all!  SRD for me as I am bringing in the new year with a 24 hour shift full of pregnant women trying to give birth before midnight so they get an extra tax deduction for 2012!  Good luck to those running and racing!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Weezer88

Morning everyone!  I've been away for awhile but I'm back.  Tried to log onto RWOL but it looks TOTALLY different and I couldn't log on either.  Final straw I think.

Having coffee right now and some miles later this AM

I AM WEEZER.

Weezer88

AmiK, I did the Topo Trail race at Big Bone Lick and it involved a creek crossing (2X).  It was cold, wet, muddy, snowy and just plain AWFUL - and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I AM WEEZER.

happylily

Good morning!

I have 6 recovery miles to do, then vaccuming, a turkey to cook, a visit to my old Dutch-Jewish neighbors who are atheist, celebrate Christmas, but don't eat pork just in case; then back at the house, set up the table with my best china, light up the candles for the arrival of my baby sis and my DD and her friend. Then, a long evening of drinking wine, eating too much and wishing I could go to bed early, but I can't. That is how I will spend the last day of 2012. I'm tired already. Big grin

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

David, is it me or are the forums in RWOL down?  I was unable to even open the forums page today.

How in the world are we posting our miles today?

Morning everyone!  I've been away for awhile but I'm back.  Tried to log onto RWOL but it looks TOTALLY different and I couldn't log on either.  Final straw I think.

Having coffee right now and some miles later this AM

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I can't access the forums either. I wanted to wish Mike a Happy New Year. Guess I'll have to e-mail him...

David, is it me or are the forums in RWOL down?  I was unable to even open the forums page today.

How in the world are we posting our miles today?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Nevrgivup

Good morning!

I have 6 recovery miles to do, then vaccuming, a turkey to cook, a visit to my old Dutch-Jewish neighbors who are atheist, celebrate Christmas, but don't eat pork just in case; then back at the house, set up the table with my best china, light up the candles for the arrival of my baby sis and my DD and her friend. Then, a long evening of drinking wine, eating too much and wishing I could go to bed early, but I can't. That is how I will spend the last day of 2012. I'm tired already. Big grin

Have a great day everyone!

I'm tired reading this. Sounds like fun though. I'm the same way when it comes to turning in early. Nothing beats a cozy fire, cozy pajamas, and a blanket. Big grin We got a lot of snow here this past week so I'll be using my TM today. Keeping the miles low, as I think I bumped it up too quick this past week. Hoping to run and easy 3. Have a great New Years Eve everyone.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Jess runs for bacon

I woke up this morning feeling a lot better...that is until I got into work. It feels like a slight breeze will knock me down. I'm so woozy. I'm guessing that's from only getting about 500 calories over the weekend.

We'll see how long this lasts. I'm supposed to do a 13.1 virtual tomorrow. I may be walking a good portion of it.

Just B.S.

Morning last day of 2012 Dailies!!

Hubby is already out shoveling after 24 hours of snow. I'm getting my snowpants on to go help. So a few

hours of shoveling to warm up for 6 or 7 miles on the snowpacked roads. Then more shoveling after the run.

Then Chinese food and collapsing on the sofa to watch some Downton Abbey.

We were going to have some people in for snacks and games but everyone is digging out from the

storm so we all agreed to hold off until the weekend.

If you never hear from me again I may be frozen in a snowbank in my driveway. If 5f out there.

Whatever you are doing on the last day of 2012 I hope you enjoy the heck out of it!!