Beginners and Beyond

A thank you to running and all of you! (Read 358 times)

Sloooow.

Feeling pretty sorry for myself with bad sinus pain, so I'm focusing on the bright side for a while.

This morning I got on the scales, and I am 220 lbs. The last time I was 220, I was pregnant with my oldest and my weight was going up, lol.

July 2012 I started C25K to better my health. Since I moved to the US, I became very sedentary. I came to the US at 190 lbs, and I ended my first pregnancy at over 250. I ended my second pregnancy at 275. I didn't like this trend. Having surgery in June 2012 was the lowest point I've had in years. I made promises to the universe that if I survived, I would lose 50 lbs. I would change my life around.

The past 6 months, I have lost 34lbs. This is just through running, I didn't change my diet (working on that now). My body craved the exercise. You can't tell the weight loss much from looking at me, but so much has changed. My knees feel so much stronger, my blood pressure (while never high) has got lower, I actually have muscle definition in my legs! I've completed 3 5K runs, and my longest run has been 3.55 miles.

I'm hoping to lose another 40lbs over the next 6 months. I'm looking forward to getting into the two-teens. I definitely looking forward to getting out of the OBESE BMI catagory, 12 lbs to go for that!

I'm only 6 months into my journey, and I wanted to thank everyone for the support they have given me. The answers to my many, many questions, and the encouragement.

sugnim

You can't tell the weight loss much from looking at me, but so much has changed.

Actually, I think you look great.  I can really see a difference in your before & after pictures.  Nice job, and keep up the good work--you'll knock those 12 pounds down for sure.  Thanks for sharing, and I hope your sinuses clear up soon.

Docket_Rocket

I can see the weight loss.  Congrats on the journey!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Antipodean

The weight loss is very apparent! Keep up the great progress and keep asking questions.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

happylily

Like pregnancy, and then later raising those children, losing weight can be a long and sometimes difficult path. But it will be so worth it in the end! Already, you are looking great and I see a difference in your face and the shape of your body. I wish you much perseverance and yes, even fun on your journey. Dieting isn't pleasant, I'm sure, but at least, running can be enjoyable. We are all rooting for you, runner!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

SheCan

Oh Coralie that's awesome progress!  You look great.  Six months really is just a short amount of time, you're already putting in some decent runs and getting healthier.  Thank YOU for inspiring us!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

TennisKid1192

Kevin

Great job =]. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll destroy those goals!

2013 Goals: 1000 Miles | 5k: Sub 25 | HM: Sub 2:00 | 1 Race/Month 

Buelligan

You're doing a good thing losing the weight slowly and methodically and not with some drastic fad diet.

You're doing it the way it should be done.  A great example for others!

flarunner

I can see the weight loss. And your clothes are smaller too.

Good job and keep it up!

Sloooow.

Thank you so much, everyone!

I really feel like exercise is starting to be seen as old fashioned when it comes to weight loss. I have several Facebook friends on diets, taking various pills, shakes, drinks, and it can be disheartening when I see people posting about losing several pounds in one week. But, I have consistently lost 1/2lb to 2lbs a week. It took me 5 years to end up 85lbs heavier than when I started, so I know I need to be patient.

I eat well, I just eat too much. I'm working on portion control now, and cutting down some carbs. I have a love affair with pasta and bread.

Little Blue

You're doing a good thing losing the weight slowly and methodically and not with some drastic fad diet.

You're doing it the way it should be done.  A great example for others!

What he said!  Those two-teens are only a click away, then they'll be in your rear-view mirror.  Keep trucking!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Don't forget to post another picture in 6 months.  You are doing FANTASTIC !!!

I eat well, I just eat too much. I'm working on portion control now, and cutting down some carbs. I have a love affair with pasta and bread.

And this is the right way to lose weight on the food side.

I also like the slower weight loss.  You're making lifestyle changes that will help you with, imo, the hardest part.... keeping the weight off once you hit your goal weight.

Great work!

Better I Leave

Well done on the weight loss and the runs. Keep up the good work. Smile

@runjerseygirl

Congratulations on your progress so far.  You've done an amazing job!

Do you even run?