Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : Caffeine Addicts Unite (Read 54 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Damaris - That sounds scary! Sorry it was such a tough race, for you and the others. Recover well!
    George - If others said things felt odd, too, I wonder if it has to do with the air quality and circulation. I know there is a difference, even day to day sometimes, in how it feels running at our Y. Today they hadn't turned the big overhead fans on and the whole place just felt heavy.
    LRB - As I passed, it looked like they weren't even paying any attention to me. They had the dome light on and the two people were both looking toward the seat in between them. But by then I was already down in the ditch to go on around.

FreeSoul - Have you had the Cameron's Chocolate Caramel Brownie? That is one of my favorites, though I stay away from flavored coffees since going g-free, since some of them could be cross-contaminated.

I ended up with 12.75 miles at overall 9:25 pace. From 8.25 to 12.25, I steadily stepped it down from a 9:00 pace to 8:30 (GMP). Tough to get through - legs were tired and there was no air movement around those TMs. I think that I’ll have to rearrange my next couple days on the schedule, since this run had originally been planned for Saturday, so that I can do a shorter, recovery run Monday rather than my regularly schedule fartlek run.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Yesterday, ran to the gym, worked out and ran home.  Trip to the Gym is 3.6 miles - so just over 7 round trip.

Took both dogs out for a 2 mile warm up this morning.  Then dropped Maggie off at home and Titus and I went out for another 5.6.

I broke 90 miles for the month and may break 100 depending on how early next week goes.   I have not run 100 miles in a month since last April.

Off to catch up on the dailies, take a shower and make some stuffed mushrooms.

You can call me Anna

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D, sorry that you had to heave, but glad that you finished. Hope those 2 casualties are OK.

BTW, cheetos aren't going to help you much. You need a banana and a big bowl of oatmeal!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh yeah, I forgot - 3.5 recovery miles at a pace a bit higher than recovery pace. Just wanted to get the legs moving after yesterday's long run.

I found out that they've scheduled a 5K in March, to be held at my "secret" running place. Apparently, it's far from being a secret these days. Smile  Too bad the race is on the same day that I'm going to be racing in Jacksonville, FL. Otherwise, I'd for certain be running it. It's MY route, dang it!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

LRB - As I passed, it looked like they weren't even paying any attention to me. They had the dome light on and the two people were both looking toward the seat in between them. But by then I was already down in the ditch to go on around.

That's a relief.  Cannot be too careful though, so I can understand how you were feeling.

Congrats on the mileage Angela!

Way to rock it T-3!

Luke79

20 miles done with 8 at MP. Overall pace: 7:59. MP miles: 7:30 (ran 'em faster than projected b/c I was at the indoor track).  Finished the week with 80+ miles.

Heidi, you're a baws.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everybody.  Awesome run for me today...I'm super excited about it.  The run was 18.02 miles, with 12x30 sec fartlek portions every mile from mile 3-14.  My overall pace was 7:44, and my last 4 miles went 7:45, 7:41, 7:36, and 7:08 (the rest of the miles were closer to 8:00, but the fartlek portion brought the avg. down).  I hope it's not annoying to share the paces, but I'm just really happy that I hit them while feeling so good.

I'm going to wait a couple of days to decide and make sure I don't have any delayed soreness (especially after another weekly PR of 88.2 miles), but I think next week I'm going to race a 5k on Saturday.  It'll still be a cutback week in terms of mileage and intensity, but I think that makes it a good time to fit a race in.  I hesitate a little to do it just because of my past history, but I keep hearing that I would get a lot of benefit from using more races as sharpening efforts.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi, guys.  Back from the ING Miami Marathon.  It sucked, ha!  Left a lot of food somewhere in Miami, as I threw up a lot.  At least I finished while at least two runners were unconscious and being worked up at Miles 11 and 13.  I hope they lived.  They were young.

Now off to eat a whole bag of Cheetos!

Sorry it was a rough one!  How do you go from throwing up to Cheetos though? lol

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I hope it's not annoying to share the paces, but I'm just really happy that I hit them while feeling so good.

Not at all!   That's what the dailies are for, should you choose to post them.  Not everyone does, which is fine too.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Rockstar.

20 miles done with 8 at MP. Overall pace: 7:59. MP miles: 7:30 (ran 'em faster than projected b/c I was at the indoor track).  Finished the week with 80+ miles.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Holy Crapola - nice.  Not in my wildest dreams. 

Sorry the marathon was tough, D.

wcrunner - sorry you were disappointed with your races.

Nice run, April.

You can call me Anna

Step, that can be unnerving - sorry you fell but better to be safe than sorry.

SIAR - nice workout.

You can call me Anna

Just got back from 14.1, felt great (fueled by two breakfasts...). A luxurious 26 degrees / feels like 16. First time running longer than 12 since my marathon in October, hopefully on track for one in April. A good sign that my chief complaint was boredom, rather than fatigue or soreness. Also appreciated my brand new wind-blocking undies, thanks to SIAR et al for the recommendation.

As I was out running in what would be considered normal conditions for any of us (at least those of us north of the Mason-Dixon line), but would be considered craziness by any non-runner, I heard a car honking. I turned to see the driver waving at me, but did not recognize him. As it drove by, I saw the 26.2 sticker on the back. A great community we have.

Dave

runmomto3boys

Damaris: I'm sorry about the rough race.  Boo, hiss.

SIAR: You should be screaming about that freaking run from the rooftops.  Running that distance and hitting those paces on an 88 mile week is phenomenal!!!  You had a hell of a run and a heck of a week!

Shari: Nice job on a tough run!

Angela: What a great month you are having!  Keep it up!!!!

Tom: Great job on the recovery miles.  Shoot..someone is onto your secret.  Darn it!

Free Soul: Nice work sneaking in the run pre-rain!

George: I'm sorry to hear about the disappointing races.  It just wasn't your day, I suppose.  You will get 'em next time!

Basya: I hope it goes well at the gym!  You did a fantastic job knocking out that 14 miler early!  Well done!!!

April: Awesome job on the 10 miles.

Scotty: Great job in yesterday's 5K.  Holy humidity you are battling, though - yuck!  Enjoy the park with Gail!

Mitch: You earned that RD!  Nice work on the 15 yesterday, though!  Woot!

Lilac: I'm sorry.  I'm glad you are making progress, though.  Things are moving in the right direction!

Dave: 2 breakfasts?  And the latter one sounds amazing! You should've posted a pic!  What a nice start to your Sunday!

Cris: Enjoy your day off!

Kristin: Great job getting in the elliptical work out and other cross training!

Fuzzy: Awesome getting in the 13.5 super early today!

Out of the Blue:  How cool is it that you and Mom can spend time hiking together???  Enjoy the hike and lunch.

LRB: I'm happy to hear you are at the point where you can start adding in some speed work.  You've come a long way!!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sorry to hear about the heaves Damaris . I wish every run could be like this morning's run, it was great. The rest of the day is going to be relaxation.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)