Beginners and Beyond

Could The End Be Near? (Read 854 times)

BexKix, Bagel Defender

I don't think we owe them an explanation at all.  As Jenny said, we've been very vocal, borderline begging for a useable site.  The latest forum downgrade is inexcusable.  Yup, it's a free site.  And we are free to go somewhere else.  For a big mega corporation like Rodale (RW), it's laughable. 

Rodale knows why people are leaving.

They've issued no statements.  They, like us, owe the other nothing -much less an explanation.

Rodale knows why people are leaving.

They've issued no statements.  They, like us, owe the other nothing -much less an explanation.

Couldn't agree more..

Docket_Rocket

Hola.

I don't think mark Remy will handle any facebook posts, he has migrated out of IT and has stated as such before.

Honestly, I didn't mind the redesign too much. The incessant spam is driving me away. I understand it is handled by staff, but every single forum I've been on has volunteers to deal with stuff like that, except RW. Considering how bad it is, I'm really questioning why that's the status quo.

He is still in FB.  He said he was migrating out of it but he is still around....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

At the same time, with all the spam traffic RWOL has been seeing this weekend.  I'd be willing to bet  Rodale will be flaunting the traffic numbers to their advertisers, "See how much traffic our site had over the holiday weekend". 

baxdaddy

just another runner

Perhaps the reason the spam is heavy in BF and WF is that those are the first two listed after you click on forums.  Just saying

The first step is to get up off the couch!

Half Fanatic #889

LRB

I must say that the front page looks awesome!

We are indeed a machine!

I predict the forums will disappear in favor of Facebook comments. It looks like it has already started. with the rest of the site.

This is a recent post from s*s in the thread "HEY MODS" on the Beginner's Forum over at RWOL (post time was 10:01 AM Central Time):

"These are all good ideas but we are limited by the functionality of Pluck's admin options. We can't just set a rule like these ... or we would, believe me, we would have done it a long time ago.

I'm not part of decisionmaking such as which forum software to use - but rest assured I agree completely with your complaints, as do the full-time Rodale staff. At this point we are stuck doing the best we can with what we have, until they can replace Pluck (no idea when that will be.)"

I would not expect a quick solution to the spam problem over there.

LRB

This is a recent post from s*s in the thread "HEY MODS" on the Beginner's Forum over at RWOL (post time was 10:01 AM Central Time):

"These are all good ideas but we are limited by the functionality of Pluck's admin options. We can't just set a rule like these ... or we would, believe me, we would have done it a long time ago.

I'm not part of decision making such as which forum software to use - but rest assured I agree completely with your complaints, as do the full-time Rodale staff. At this point we are stuck doing the best we can with what we have, until they can replace Pluck (no idea when that will be.)"

Wow.  Just wow.

runfoolery

They'll probably be able to apply bandaids fairly quickly so that it'll be similar to before the upgrade. But I don't expect the longterm situation to change either.

I'm posting a lot lately which means I'll either maintain a higher level of interest (though not as high as right now, don't worry) or drop out entirely, and I'm not sure which.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

It is really great to see so many of the RWOL BF'ers here. It's pretty nasty over there with the spammage and complete lack of moderating. I'm quickly going from dual forum participation to just posting here. It seems that we're welcome.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Gravelrunner

Running blows

As I've said in a few places, NRR is completely untouched by spam.

I beg to differ...

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

BIS

High Horse

I'm not part of decisionmaking such as which forum software to use - but rest assured I agree completely with your complaints, as do the full-time Rodale staff. At this point we are stuck doing the best we can with what we have, until they can replace Pluck (no idea when that will be.)"

Rodale seems to need to touch a hot stove many times to determine that pluck will burn them over and over and over.

Hi Jen! 

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member ~ Groucho Marx.

BIS!!!  Long time no see.  Cool

Meat Wagon

Puker

There's no spam in the 'RW Challenge' thread. Funny, you have to pay to post in that thread. Draw your own conclusions.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.