Beginners and Beyond

HI GUYS! I've missed you! Fill me in! (Read 155 times)

delicate flower

YAY BF (v. 2)  and now off to post in Dailies.  Is it bad etiquette if I seriously cannot reply to everyone in that thread?  It is insanely long.

Not at all!  Post what you want in the dailies.  If someone says something you want to respond to, that's fine too.  Big grin

Re: my injury - tore my ACL in January, had surgery in February, and am just about to start running again.

<3

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Not at all!  Post what you want in the dailies.  If someone says something you want to respond to, that's fine too.  Big grin

Re: my injury - tore my ACL in January, had surgery in February, and am just about to start running again.

Oh, good luck, that's a nasty injury.  I hope coming back to running treats you well... for me there was a period where I was just so tentative for fear of reinjury, but easing in (running every other day at first) helped.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

HIIIIII!!!!! Also glad to hear you are doing well. Smile

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Don't call me Buttercup!

Hey, Scap! Long time no see, girl!  It's me, the artist formerly known as DiTrying. =)    My "debut" HM is this weekend - feel free to laugh along with everyone else and say "Told you so" or whatever, since I am obviously eating crow re: my decision to NEVER RUN A HALF MARATHON.

Whatever.  Life is good.

=)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Hey, Scap! Long time no see, girl!  It's me, the artist formerly known as DiTrying. =)    My "debut" HM is this weekend - feel free to laugh along with everyone else and say "Told you so" or whatever, since I am obviously eating crow re: my decision to NEVER RUN A HALF MARATHON.

Whatever.  Life is good.

=)

It's OK, Di, I'm sure people will be saying it to me one day when I decide to run a marathon (I always say I won't do it until I'm 40). Good luck, anyway. HI MJ! Great to see you here. Smile

Buelligan

I shaved my head a month ago.  Then it got unseasonably cold in Georgia and my head got really cold on a few runs.

My hair is growing back pretty quickly... it's the consistency of an animal pelt now.  Feels like the back of a Chihuahua or maybe a beaver skin.  Muskrat, maybe.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

WC--I'm an SAT tutor.  Busy season for me!  I'm intrigued by your ultra.  Seems like the one thing you haven't done, right?

Right. It's another one of those things like the marathon that I swore I'd never run. Everyone including the runners seemed to have such a good time at the North Coast 24 races last fall when I went to cheer and support our RW runners, that I started thinking maybe it wasn't so bad. Some of the runners had done less training than I would normally do for a HM or marathon. With a little nudging they finally talked me into it, so I can blame that crew for it.

With the way SAT and AP books are being purchased at B&N, I imagine there's a huge demand on your time right now. Is that all one-on-one or do you teach small groups as well?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Nevrgivup

Welcome back! I'm not much of a poster lately. Very busy trying to balance grad school and life. I'm glad you are running! Running is going well on my part and I'm in the midst of training for something. Length to be determined. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Mmmmm...beer

I don't think we ever "chatted" much on RW, but I remember you, glad you found your way over here. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hi Scap, good to hear from you.  Glad you're running injury free, I seem to remember that you were pushing through some pain and questioning running in general.

Luke79

Hi scap.  I think I was mostly Skywalker79 on RW.  Good to see you here.

As far as filling you in, some people left, some came.  James Park perved out.  Some anonymous person said they don't like girls asses or something, and acted bitchy about it.  Umm..I'm sure there's more.

Luke

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Hi scap.  I think I was mostly Skywalker79 on RW.  Good to see you here.

As far as filling you in, some people left, some came.  James Park perved out.  Some anonymous person said they don't like girls asses or something, and acted bitchy about it.  Umm..I'm sure there's more.

Luke

Doesn't surprise me, he sent me a skeevy message on RW.  What happened?

TakeAHike

Hi Scap.  I am glad to see you here.  I rarely post these days, but I like to see what's going on from time to time.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

Don't call me Buttercup!

Hi Scap.  I am glad to see you here.  I rarely post these days, but I like to see what's going on from time to time.

Hey! You're here!  Yes, this is a Scap post, but I am allowed to be excited by others.  Hi, TakeAHike! =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

bobruns

Hi.  Glad to hear you are doing so well.  Sometimes it is better to run on your own and do your own thing.  Less pressure.

As for me...not around much these days.  I am training for a HM in June.  Biggest goal.  Stay injury free for 2013.  So far so good!  I am running happy!  Live is good!