Beginners and Beyond

RR- Flying Pig - 26.2 (May 5th 2013) (Read 144 times)

Tomas- I am so happy for you that you've completed two full marathons already!  This one sounds like such an adventure even getting there that I'm sure it will be a great memory and family story, even after you've run a dozen!

Thanks

I have told a few people at work and they think the story is hillarious. They know how out of character that was for me Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Um, wow.  I couldn't imagine doing a marathon after a year of running. Wait, I still can't.  That's a lot to get done in two days!

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Docket_Rocket

I was wondering about this.  Very nice!

For the 4-way, I got an long sleeved tech shirt, plus a plaque for the medals.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

For the 4-way, I got an long sleeved tech shirt, plus a plaque for the medals.

You sick, sick, person :-D

Congrats T-Rod!

Good stuff T.  Congratulations, and what an adventure the whole thing must have been.

It's nice to hear about people not being scared of each other, there's too much of that going around.

...Now next time, just bandit the 5K (in drag if necessary), but not with someone else's bib, haha Wink

LRB

Thanks

I ran the marathon as a 34 yr old guy. I guess the 5k aged me and also changed me some Smile

That was funny!  Congrats on completing number 2!

That was funny!  Congrats on completing number 2!

Thanks.

Tomas

No more marathons

LOL...

I'm still laughing at my own joke, "Prince Charmin" on his throne...  But no one noticed it... People, wake up!!! That was funny! Big grin

Julie,  I caught it, and I'll admit to a chuckle - but sometimes I think it's not good to encourage you.  Big grin

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Julie,  I caught it, and I'll admit to a chuckle - but sometimes I think it's not good to encourage you.  Big grin

Too much encouragement and she will get going and then be like toilet paper. On a roll

Tomas

Don't call me Buttercup!

Holy crap, that is a HILL.  Wow.   Congrats on your second marathon, sounds like it was a wild and crazy ride all the way from the start.  Getting picked up by TWO ladies?  Nicely done. LOL

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Don't call me Buttercup!

Too much encouragement and she will get going and then be like toilet paper. On a roll

*groan*   LOL

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Holy crap, that is a HILL.  Wow.   Congrats on your second marathon, sounds like it was a wild and crazy ride all the way from the start.  Getting picked up by TWO ladies?  Nicely done. LOL

That hill was fun. The after effects, not so much.

The 2 ladies- that is way out of character for me. I am not a ladies man and don't normally talk to strangers. Smile

Tomas

GinnyinPA

Funny, the story of getting a ride with strangers didn't strike me as odd at all.  As a long distance backpacker, I've hitched to town to resupply countless times.  I've gotten rides from one end of a trail back to my car, and given rides to many other hikers.   When I started the AT the first time, a stranger at the airport saw me with my pack and offered me a ride to the bus station.  I accepted without thinking twice.  In the hiking world, it's called "Trail Magic", when a total stranger offers kindness when you need it.  I think the same thing applies to running.  There are more good people than bad.

Funny, the story of getting a ride with strangers didn't strike me as odd at all.  As a long distance backpacker, I've hitched to town to resupply countless times.  I've gotten rides from one end of a trail back to my car, and given rides to many other hikers.   When I started the AT the first time, a stranger at the airport saw me with my pack and offered me a ride to the bus station.  I accepted without thinking twice.  In the hiking world, it's called "Trail Magic", when a total stranger offers kindness when you need it.  I think the same thing applies to running.  There are more good people than bad.

I think that people in general are good and runners are better than the general population.

Tomas