Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies Forging Forward (Read 45 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Cool     WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!     Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning everyone.  I'm up early to get about 8 in with my running friend.  I'd like to double it with a track workout this evening (just 5x1200, but sub 5k pace), but I'll wait and see how my legs are feeling later.  Ideally I'd bump the track workout to tomorrow evening, but that'd be a tricky one to fit in the schedule.

Hope you all have some nice runs.

LRB

Supp yo!

Decisions, decisions.  Sitting here trying to decide where to run, (home or work) and whether to drive or ride to work.  Of the latter, they're calling for scattered rain today but they have been all week and I have missed riding in some great weather.

Of course the moment I pull that stupid thing out and fire it up, I'll get caught in a downpour.

Hmm, more coffee...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm off to run too

Jay maybe some tar. So far the comments have all been basically how totally nutty he appears to be

Marjorie

LRB

Rain schmain, I'm gonna ride to work then run there.

I'm just not feeling my neighborhood route today, and 1100 cc's of ass kicker between my legs is a great way to start the day...even if it is a little damp.

delicate flower

Hello there, Friday people!  Listen up now, I ain't one to gripe about the weather and I tend to make peanut butter out of lemonade, but all this rain is starting to grind my gears.  Seriously, it seems like nothing but rain the last 10 days, and the forecast for the next week is nothing but rain.  So that said, it looks like today will be more indoor exercise!

Edit:  BTW my new digital camera arrives today.  HOORAY!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD for me, unless hubby wants to run.  Off to Court!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning! Didn't get a lot of sleep last night- too much sugar and caffeine and not enough moving around. We are thunderstorm free this morning, so I will be heading out for an easy 5 after I digest my breakfast and the coffee kicks in.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm in from my morning run.  I don't think my friend was too happy with the route I picked though, and I think she has me on route probation from now on (too many hills, but they're really hard to avoid here if you don't just want to run the same route).  It was still a good run of 7.96 miles, and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get my track work done later too.

LRB....Hope the ride and run work out for you.

Marjorie...Enjoy the miles!

Baboon...Rain complaints are acceptable.  Our forecast doesn't look too super for the next 10 days either.  Hopefully the weather channel's inaccuracy will work out in our favor for a change and it will actually be nice.  Have fun with your new toy.

Docket...Have a great rest day.

Lilac..Enjoy the 5 miles.  I just saw your "Jess runs for bacon" - now I want bacon!

Hip Redux

Bacon cooking here!  Love work from home days when I have enough time to make a real breakfast Big grin

It's raining and I have all of next week off and it will rain then too.   The good news is lawn mower is being returned today (fixed, I hope) so I will get to try to cut down the four feet of grass that has grown in the last week... that is if it ever stops raining.  Have I mentioned that it's raining?

Exercise wise, I want to get out for 4 around the neighborhood and try to run off some of the tar on the bottom of my Newtons.  Roll eyes

I'm just not feeling my neighborhood route today, and 1100 cc's of ass kicker between my legs is a great way to start the day...even if it is a little damp.

TWSS.

Yoga this morning; leg mainly only hurts when I run so no problem, and good to get in some kind of workout. And it was a tough one.

Hope everyone has their coffee in them. Have a great day.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Friday!  June 28th is Paul Bunyan Day!

Paul Bunyan's motto was "Axe and you shall receive." Joking

Rest day for me today, leaving work early for my follow-up appointment with my Primary Care doc to go over the 'laundry list' of items the ER folks found on Monday morning when I was in there:  gallstones, cyst on left kidney, nodule on left lung, etc.  Will probably get yet another appointment to have a closer look at that nodule on my lung.

San Antonio hit 100 degrees actual temp yesterday for the first time this summer.  Apparently, per our local weather guys, there will be more of those to come, oh happy happy joy joy.  Plan on taking it easy this weekend, just doing some running on my own.  For once, there are no local races this weekend.   And Gail and I tomorrow are celebrating our 'other' anniversary of the year:  June 29, 1984 is the day we met and we've been together ever since, for 29 years.   When we met, I knew right off she was 'the one'.   She took a little longer to convince...it too me THREE whole days to convince her to move in with me. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi!

I'm supposed to finally get my car back today. If it's available before 1pm, I'm going to spend my lunch break picking it up and returning the rental. The dealership is 5 minutes from my office or 25 minutes from my house, so it makes sense. If my car ISN'T ready, I might run. Then I have to run to the store after work and do lots of things.

So, rest day or run day. I haven't decided yet. Smile

Docket_Rocket

They announced a heat wave on the West and Midwest so expect some high temps.

Happy Friday!  June 28th is Paul Bunyan Day!

Paul Bunyan's motto was "Axe and you shall receive." Joking

Rest day for me today, leaving work early for my follow-up appointment with my Primary Care doc to go over the 'laundry list' of items the ER folks found on Monday morning when I was in there:  gallstones, cyst on left kidney, nodule on left lung, etc.  Will probably get yet another appointment to have a closer look at that nodule on my lung.

San Antonio hit 100 degrees actual temp yesterday for the first time this summer.  Apparently, per our local weather guys, there will be more of those to come, oh happy happy joy joy.  Plan on taking it easy this weekend, just doing some running on my own.  For once, there are no local races this weekend.   And Gail and I tomorrow are celebrating our 'other' anniversary of the year:  June 29, 1984 is the day we met and we've been together ever since, for 29 years.   When we met, I knew right off she was 'the one'.   She took a little longer to convince...it too me THREE whole days to convince her to move in with me. Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Awwww, congrats!    And hope you feel better soon!