Beginners and Beyond

Am I the only one who doesn't like snowboarding ? (Read 71 times)

LRB

After watching the skeleton competition, running seems extremely tame.

Have you ever tried it? I have , not as easy as you might think.

Curlers must have a huge level of skill to make the Olympics.  It's the same with other games - those asian ping-pong players must be in the Matrix.  Darts, the top Brits are godly.  All 3 in the trip 20 almost every time for 501.  Amazing, but still not very athletic.

Little Blue

After watching the skeleton competition, running seems extremely tame.

You got that right.  Who was the first guy to look at a luge sled and say "hey, ya'll, how about we go down head first?"

Will run for scenery.

Yeah, kind of my point.  Throwing darts well  is truly an amazing skill.  And I guess to be really good you have to practice.  A lot.   And frankly, the dartboard is pretty unforgiving : no matter how rad or epic or fly or awesome you are,  a bullseye is still a bullseye.

There's no need to make yourself more cute by pulling your adorable blonde locks out from the side of your helmet, or throwing a Hawaiian wave to your peeps (and inadvertantly faceplanting and sacrificing a gold medal).  And you don't have to be a machine gun of awesomness.

And yet, darts is not (yet) an olympic "sport".  It's a pub game.

Oh yeah :  Stay Off My Lawn !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

And you don't have to be a machine gun of awesomness.

One of my friends posted on FB that Shaun White is the love child of Carrot Top and Willem Dafoe.  I could not stop laughing.

As for Silje Norendal... umm.. hot!

Will run for scenery.

Hot : yes!!!

Cool : Definitely.

Yours : Dream on, sucka...

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!