Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES - and I'm going to Disneyworld! (Read 59 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies! Rise and Shine, and know that many are already out there running!

SRD for me, after 3.5 yesterday. Knee is a little stiff, but pretty good overall. Had a bit of pain last night while sleeping, but movement cured that. Probably just from keeping it in one position too long.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Yo!

I'll be getting up here in a bit to start my day with coffee, then hit my loop for 10.  Right now though, I am just chillin'.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I've been up for awhile. Need to go run. Beautiful day out.

Marjorie

delicate flower

Good morning!  Everyone got their coffee?  Good.  I slept 18 hours combined the last two nights.  Ahhhh, sleep.  DW made me a frittata for breakfast.  YUMMEH.

Today must be the nicest weather day we've had in a month.  I am looking forward to getting out later for a run.  Got to stop by the LRS for some shoes, too.

<3

happylily

Good morning!

I'm heading to a brunch very soon and will be back home around 2-3 pm. Hopefully SO will have been able to fix my TM by then. We found the problem last night (thanks to youtube videos and online repair sites). It seems a bolt just disintegrated and fell, leaving one side of the belt loose. SO will try to find the exact same bolt at the hardware store. If it's fixed, I can run my 18 miler on it, if not, I will go to the gym. It closes at 6 pm, so I'll have to hurry.

With this LR, it will bring my total for the week to 68 miles, first training week of this cycle.

Monday: Rest day

Tuesday: 10 miles. 7:39 (GA, plus a few tempo miles)

Wednesday: 12 miles, 8:17 (GA)

Thursday: 7 miles, 8:53, (recovery)

Friday: 11 miles, 7:58 (GA, plus some MP)

Saturday: 10 miles, 8:25 (GA)

Have a good Sunday everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Weather is right for a run, but I'm still recovering so I won't risk it. I might, however, grab the camera and do a couple of miles walking. It's healthy, it's moving, and its low impact. Mr. Knee would appreciate that!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

Isn't D doing the Disney marathon today?  I thought she had started this thread when I first saw it!  Fitting, at least.

Happy Sunday everyone!

delicate flower

Isn't D doing the Disney marathon today?  

Yep, her splits are being posted to FB.  13.1 in 2:29.   Lurch is also running it...his debut marathon!

<3

Good morning, goin' to Dizz Knee Land dailies!

Rick - have a good 10

Marjorie - what's a beautiful day? lol

Baboon - you sir, are living the dream.

Lily - nice mileage for the first week of the cycle

Tom - get some good pics

Oski - go, D! and Lurch!

Gonna drink some coffee, eat some breakfast, take the mp3 player out of mothballs, drink some more coffee, and then go to the Y, because F winter, Eh?

LRB

Gonna drink some coffee, eat some breakfast, take the mp3 player out of mothballs, drink some more coffee, and then go to the Y, because F winter, Eh?

We all gotta do what we gotta do.

Zelanie

Morning, folks!  I ended up not running yesterday.  There were thunderstorms, plus too many things were letting me know that I need some extra recovery.  Today I have 7 easy planned for this evening.

Today I might find out if I will be training for my first marathon in Oregon or in Costa Rica.  I've applied to be a chaperone for an exchange program, so if I get it, I will spend 8 weeks in Costa Rica this summer.  My daughter is applying to go as a student.  And poor DH would stay home with the dogs.

Good luck to Lurch and Damaris!

From the Internet.

Yep, her splits are being posted to FB.  13.1 in 2:29.   Lurch is also running it...his debut marathon!

Good luck Lurch, and keep on going D!

Morning Dailies, long time no post! Busy week, I attempted 6 miles today for the first time since November. Went OK, we'll see how the legs feel tomorrow. 20 miles total for the week.

I used up my Christmas GC to Running Warehouse yesterday - my Elixirs are really on their last leg and I'm not 100% sure I love the DS Trainers I'm running in now (they're OK but the sole of my left foot will sometimes go numb - kinda weird), so I grabbed a couple pairs of shoes from the liquidation section to try out, Saucony Mirage 3 and Adidas Tempo 6. If I don't like them I'll just exchange for another pair of DSTs. Hooray new stuff!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome day people, sunny and chilly - great for a long run.

I got 14.2 miles in this morning, my longest run as of today so it's a great milestone for me!! Started out a bit faster than I wanted, and pretty much kept around that the whole time finishing the run in 2:21:42 with an average pace of 9:59 min/mile, and I am sure I will be feeling it very soon. Smile Have a great day ya'll!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

tom - glad you're feeling better

lrb - hitting coffee too now

marjorie - go for it

baboon - im lucky if i sleep 18 hrs in 3 nites

lily - fingers crossed

oski - back at you

jay - good tunes on the mp3 I hope

zel - OR or CR - what a choice!

lauren - glad the 6 went well

free - congrats on the 14, very cool.

just 5 this AM. good luck to those racing today. have a great sunday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes, good luck to those racing today!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)