Beginners and Beyond

A progress report of your year thus far: How is it shaping up? (Read 84 times)

PleasantRidge

I was rolling until the middle of June. I had a 108 day streak and was averaging 55mpw. - I give that an A+

From the middle of June until now, I have ran about 55 miles.  This week will be a 0 miles event.  Poor judgement and arrogance (gogo failing to take a cutback after a 75 mile week) are to blame.  I sometimes forget I'm not a teenager. - I give myself an F

I hope I heal and the last 5 months are at least a C.  I still want 2500 miles this year.  Maybe I at least learned something, but I cant be sure.

Dad of a real runner

I give myself a "meh" for the year so far.  Miles are down compared to the past two years ... but then I have been doing a lot of other things (snowshoeing in winter, canoeing & hiking this summer) instead.  And traveling, exploring places we've haven't experienced yet (like Utah and NM, and hopefully PEI this fall). 

I have only participated in one "race" (a charity mud run) and have nothing else scheduled for this year.  Signing up for a race this year just seems anticlimactic after completing a 50k last summer ... & that was my big running goal.

If all we do is run we would become very boring human beings.  I fear I've become boring.  Your activities listed above sound like an A+ to me.  I've got some running goals that take me through this time next year.  After that, maybe some snowshoeing, canoeing, and hiking should be on the agenda (and a trip to Scotland - gotta get that  in).

LRB

Dreamer

I was rolling until the middle of June. I had a 108 day streak and was averaging 55mpw. - I give that an A+

From the middle of June until now, I have ran about 55 miles.  This week will be a 0 miles event.  Poor judgement and arrogance (gogo failing to take a cutback after a 75 mile week) are to blame.  I sometimes forget I'm not a teenager. - I give myself an F

I hope I heal and the last 5 months are at least a C.  I still want 2500 miles this year.  Maybe I at least learned something, but I cant be sure.

Hate to hear that from anyone and especially a fellow teammate, hope you are back to 100% soon!  Will it affect any of your long term goals or events for the year?

"Training is not always fun, but it should always be rewarding."

Pura Vida

Pleasant Ridge- Yikes on the all-start week aftermath!  I am hoping that it improves quickly!

PRs: 5K: 25:35 / 10K: 53:03 / 10mi: 1:26:15 / HM: 1:55:02

Upcoming: Correcaminos HM 7/13, Portland Marathon (debut) 10/5

workinprogress11

I am auditing this year.

This cracked me up though I'm sorry for the reason.

My year has been a solid D.  I will adopt the Cubs philosophy and say we'll get 'em next year.

Antipodean

Thanks, Damaris and Julie. And from one Julie to another, thanks for missing me. I have struggled with motivation so have found this place hard to be at. But I hope that is beginning to change!

Hey, peeps, it's good to reflect, is it not?

Julie

PRs:  1 mile  6:57  //  5k   24:12  //  5 mile  39:32*  //  10k   49.10*   //  Half  1:52:18

* courses slightly short

"It's not the mountains we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

PleasantRidge

Hate to hear that from anyone and especially a fellow teammate, hope you are back to 100% soon!  Will it affect any of your long term goals or events for the year?

I have only run a couple of races a year since I started, and they aren't really that important to me.  I would like to get faster and post awesome times, but that isn't what motivates me to run at all.

My only long term goal is to run until I am too old or dead to run.  So, I will be fine after the foot/ankle gets better.  My wife will just have to tolerate me until I can get back to my morning dose of the warm and fuzzies.

PleasantRidge

Pleasant Ridge- Yikes on the all-start week aftermath!  I am hoping that it improves quickly!

Thanks Zelanie.  I'm sure it will get better when I stop being hardheaded and take a whole week off.  I had no idea how much I would grow to NEED to run.

LRB

Dreamer

Hey, peeps, it's good to reflect, is it not?

Yes, that's when corrections for the future can be made.  In fact I am off this week because of reflections made in the past which does not guarantee anything, but may eliminate fatigue or burnout as a possible cause for injury.

WIP, lily is gonna get you.  lol

Hang tough PR!  Not being able to run sucks but we have all been there.

"Training is not always fun, but it should always be rewarding."