Beginners and Beyond

The 100th Tour de France...... (Read 107 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Qunitata had a real good dig. Great effort for him, and the medal for the first to cross the highest point.

Thats quite an honour in itself.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

No more marathons

Froome had a good finish but Richie Porte did all the work - pulling Froome along for most of the stage.  He still managed a strong second.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Froome had a good finish but Richie Porte did all the work - pulling Froome along for most of the stage.  He still managed a strong second.

And Peter Kennaugh!  Truly a team effort.  And when your team likes you as much as they like Froome, it may be all over except the cryin'!

Bummer for Tejay Van Garderen.  Pretty much outta the running now.  Cadel Evans even did better than some of the youngsters!  Good for him.

So, while doubtful, the only hope left for a U. S.  podium spot would be Andrew Talansky.  Certainly possible, but I think a little young.

Randy

Ric-G

A little late to the party but will jump in.. Good stage today.... Hope it isn't boring the rest of the way with sky just protecting the lead...want to see some attacks and risk talking...we'll see....

also old news....but I just read Tyler hamiltons book....now I know how they did the doping...interesting stuff...

marathon pr - 3:16

GC100k

a lot of action today as Sky is paying the price for yesterday's effort.

A little late to the party but will jump in.. Good stage today.... Hope it isn't boring the rest of the way with sky just protecting the lead...want to see some attacks and risk talking...we'll see.......

Hip Redux

a lot of action today as Sky is paying the price for yesterday's effort.

Yeah, I said that yesterday.  They turned themselves inside out for that stage win - could come back to bite them.

catwhoorg

Labrat

All the teams are actually racing this race, for the first time in a while.

Go back to Cannodale trying to lock up the Green Jersey (stage 7), and you have two stages super hard from the get go, mixed in with a tough one for the climbs dominated by the Skytrain.

Looking forward to some sprint showdowns this week, then into les Alpes!

Hip Redux

Wow, Kittel!

catwhoorg

Labrat

Echelons....

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Wow, Kittel!

Establishing himself as the real deal!  Glad to see him earn it outright and justify that stage 1 win!  Even Cavendish concedes the guy is good!

Randy

Echelons....

Awesome racing action today (poor Valverde)...really showed how cycling is a team sport...full of strategy too! Despite the seeming dominance of Froome, this is still proving to be an exciting race.

Overcoming sarcoidosis one step at a time...

catwhoorg

Labrat

Absolutely. Just like Cannondale did last week, its amazing how the riders are turning 'non-selective' stages into desperate battles for places and time.

This is an actual race, not a procession to Paris (last year did feel like a procession)

Hip Redux

Awesome racing action today (poor Valverde)...really showed how cycling is a team sport...full of strategy too! Despite the seeming dominance of Froome, this is still proving to be an exciting race.

Lots of stuff going on in today's stage, crazy!  A minute is a ton of time to lose on a flat stage that was supposed to end in a bunch sprint.

Cav's interview afterwards was a riot.  Hello, adrenaline.  He was talking a mile a minute. lol

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Indeed!  Race got interesting today!!!

Isn't it amazing how much faster those groups were all riding?  And, yes, poor Valverde.  And his team had nothing left to help him with.

Notice, too, how Froome said he just missed the jump across to that lead group.  Cav was the last one off and Froome knew he couldn't make it and all he could do was just tuck & ride.

As much as I dislike Contadork (yep, I said that) I kinda hope Saxo Bank didn't flame out with today's effort.  I'd like to see a tightening of the entire field for the yellow jersey.

Randy

Hip Redux

As much as I dislike Contadork (yep, I said that) I kinda hope Saxo Bank didn't flame out with today's effort.  I'd like to see a tightening of the entire field for the yellow jersey.

Ugh, yeah, not a Contador fan either.   The whole chaingate thing really soured me on him (and then the subsequent "tainted meat" fiasco).