Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: Follow My Lead (Read 39 times)

LRB

Do you at least have internet?  Because for years Comcast took my internet away for days.  Line was defective and/old.  Still the same line so we switched to AT&T.

And having no internet sucks!

No, I have Netbook with 4G, so I get internet anywhere, it really is cool.

Welp, I have cable, but no HD.  I asked that little %^&* four times to make sure he puts HD on the two HD TV's before I left, fark!

Now guess who is on hold....$15.00 an hour my tooty!  >:-/

Welp, I have cable, but no HD.  I asked that little %^&* four times to make sure he puts HD on the two HD TV's before I left, fark!

If you have no HD, you have nothing.

I remember when we first got HD, DW did not see the benefit. She claimed she couldn't tell the difference, and would always watch the low-def channels (maybe more out of spite). I didn't complain too much, because her shows took up less space on the DVR. She would even gripe when I spent the extra $1 for the HD versions of On Demand movies. Well only recently we were watching something, and she asked why the picture was so crappy. I told her we were watching low def, because we didn't get the HD version of that channel (friggin' Sundance). She could not believe we would put up with such poor picture quality, thought it looked like an old 8mm home movie. So I guess I finally created a monster.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

No HD?  WTF?

A 4G is not enough for the amount of internet we use and downloads we do at the house.  We have the fastest cable internet we can afford.  So, I blame husband for my forum posting count (fast internet, lots of opportunities to post, LOL).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

First world problems.  lol

Docket_Rocket

I am finally home and having a martini.

Fuck this week.  Lots of work and just as I was about to put at least 20 hours of work this weekend, we get news I didn't need to, score!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

10.06 more miles for me, after 6.47 this morning.  I ran into one of the faster guys from my store and we were both about 1.5 miles in, so we just did the rest of the run together.  It was nice because I still went easy pace, but probably a little faster than I would have done on my own.

Basya...Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Greetings, Dailies, and Happy Friday!

Off work - check!

Drinking some shit - Check! (Bud Light qualifies, I reckon)

SRD for me today, and a 4.7 mile race tomorrow. I have absolutely no idea how I'll do. I don't feel particularly fast right now, but I've surprised myself before. We'll see, I guess.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

6 @ 9

Hello, in-Soviet-Russia, land-lines-YOU dailies:

Rick - tonight beer, tomorrow might be a wine night.  Lucky you about the cable -- I live beyond the reach of coax, fiber, natural gas, and city plumbing.  It's a wonder we have electricity!  #2ndworldproblems?

Beth - enjoy the days off before the half

Basya - hope the repeats went well

DaveP - enjoy the rest and the lack of robo-dialers

Oski - hmm, interesting list

D - cuuuuupppcaaaakes

Scotty - ugh, rice pudding

Baboon and MBC - have a good vacay

Burrrn - have a good 16 miler

Free - spilled coffee, a ruined maker?  Tragic.

Marjorie - excellent

Ric-G - "huh, I just ran 7 miles... I think."  haha

SIAR - nice distance

Tom - as shit, yes.

B+ -  huh huh.. you said 69.  huh huh.

10.4 with the last mile at 5K pace.  Cable.