Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Half Way There - WednesDAILY (Read 22 times)

Docket_Rocket

Back from court.  I want it to be Friday, can we make that happen?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

HsM- I would buy a place in San Antonio and run those 5K's with Scotty  Big grin

I do buy a department ticket at work when the jackpot is big.  Gives them some hope.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Which brings up a QOTD:  What would you do if you won the lottery?

First,pay off everything we owed, of course.  Renovate the house a bit; or maybe say heck with the house, and move to Hawaii, which is Gail's and my favorite place in the world.

Then I'd buy roundtrip airline tickets for all my Penguin friends here and we'd have one hell of an FE party in Hawaii.  Plan to stay for at least 2 weeks, do some running, drinking, eating, lazing around on the beach, seeing some of the night life and attractions, and more of the same every day! Big grin  And, of course, we'd all do at least one of the organized races over there.   My favorite is the Great Aloha Run, an 8.2 mile run/walk, done every President's Day weekend...starts in downtown Honolulu and finishes up with runners running onto the field at the Aloha Bowl, where the NFL Pro Bowl is (was) played every year, and seeing yourself on the big Jumbotron as you run into the stadium.  I did that one every year that I lived in Hawaii.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Where was that photo of you in your avatar taken?  Looks very "westerny".  Every time I look at that, I always look at the road behind you and keep waiting for the Lone Ranger or Zorro to come riding up out of the trees behind you and over that hill....... Wink

Hehehe, Scotty, everywhere around here looks westerny for some reason.  Wink But this picture was taken at a race outside the small town of Bisbee, and it was a really neat race, but I think I missed seeing Zorro or the Lone Ranger.  Cry   Just a bunch of hottie runner cowboys...that's all....

BTW, I hope you win the lottery, Scotty so we can all race in Hawaii!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Zel - I hope the puppy is okay.  I always feel helpless when our dog isn't 100%.  I hope I can keep making this kind of progress, and represent the penguins well in Indy.

HsM - You've got a pretty full schedule.  You should post a video of your singing sometime.  I can't be the only one who would like to hear it.

Bin - I'll have to go with Independence Day.  I can pronounce that :-)

Lauren - It can take some time to get back in the groove with lifting.  Ease back into it.

She Can - You ran further than me today.  Seriously though, I hope all of those tough workouts pay off.  The marathon is still so far off.  Ugh.

Scotty - If I don't win the lottery, I hope you do.  I like the way you think.

AFM - I just finished up 6 2/3 miles on the TM.  We've had crazy storms rolling through randomly.  I bought a foam roller.  The foam roller found a spot on the back of my left calf that was knotted up like a golf ball.  I didn't know it was there, but Mr. Foam Roller found it.  YOW!!!  I guess that was a good purchase.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Which brings up a QOTD:  What would you do if you won the lottery?

First,pay off everything we owed, of course.  Renovate the house a bit; or maybe say heck with the house, and move to Hawaii, which is Gail's and my favorite place in the world.

Then I'd buy roundtrip airline tickets for all my Penguin friends here and we'd have one hell of an FE party in Hawaii.  Plan to stay for at least 2 weeks, do some running, drinking, eating, lazing around on the beach, seeing some of the night life and attractions, and more of the same every day! Big grin  And, of course, we'd all do at least one of the organized races over there.   My favorite is the Great Aloha Run, an 8.2 mile run/walk, done every President's Day weekend...starts in downtown Honolulu and finishes up with runners running onto the field at the Aloha Bowl, where the NFL Pro Bowl is (was) played every year, and seeing yourself on the big Jumbotron as you run into the stadium.  I did that one every year that I lived in Hawaii.

Gee Scotty, I would have counted on about 6 races in 2 weeks with you.

Zelanie

It sounds like I need to remind my penguin friends to buy more lottery tickets!  If I won, especially if it wasn't a huge amount, I might use it to buy a local business that DH and I could run.  That, and pay off the house.  It would be nice to be debt free!

Today's run was so much better than yesterday's.  Could it be the 27-degree drop in temperature? Smile  I really had a good time out there today.

Mia, on the other hand, seems to be getting worse.  She already has a vet appointment tomorrow for a recheck of her UTI, which is probably a good thing considering.  Hopefully we can get some sleep tonight.