Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies with a side of snow, please (Read 47 times)

DaveP - 5 days out from the 5K should be fine, IMO, if everything else is normal.

D - good grief, watch out for falling pianos

Lauren - ouch, sorry to hear

Scotty - there's a locally famous quote from a past mayor of Buffalo regarding storm preparation:  "go home, buy a six pack of beer, and watch a good football game." -- Jimmy Griffin, on the Blizzard of '85.  (Seriously though, I always have enough non-perishables on hand to last for weeks.  No desire to go grocery shopping with frenzied nincompoops just before a big storm.)

3.5 recovery, 9.5 bike.

Docket_Rocket

I was hoping she would check earlier.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

hope you're doing well Lilly!

I was hoping for an update too!  Hopefully everything went as planned.

onemile

I was hoping for an update too!  Hopefully everything went as planned.

+1

adkkev

As a former grocery store manager I have a number of snowstorm stories ... but the best ones happen when it's actually storming & people come in the store purchasing cat food or some other dumb ridiculous things & then proceed to complain about how bad it is out there, etc.  They were also the same folks who couldn't be bothered with brushing the snow off their car & were usually peering through a small cleared portion of their windshield as they drove in and out of the parking lot.

Hip Redux

My other leg is having some ITBS symptoms tonight... it's ALWAYS the other leg, this one is my "good" knee.  Of course. 

As a former grocery store manager I have a number of snowstorm stories ... but the best ones happen when it's actually storming & people come in the store purchasing cat food or some other dumb ridiculous things & then proceed to complain about how bad it is out there, etc.  They were also the same folks who couldn't be bothered with brushing the snow off their car & were usually peering through a small cleared portion of their windshield as they drove in and out of the parking lot.

I hate getting stuck behind someone who was too lazy to clear off their car and have a big chunk of ice/snow come flying at me.   

Zelanie

Seriously still annoyed that this is happening a few weeks *after* I started trying to do some meaningful strength training again and not in the several months before where I couldn't do anything!

Lauren, I can't help but wonder if it's not a coincidence.  You haven't been back to strength work for long enough to get strength, but you have been doing it for long enough for the muscles to be fatigued.  So the underlying issue, which was already there, is showing up.

I got in 10 on the TM tonight.  With a RD yesterday and a RD tomorrow, it seemed only right.

From the Internet.

Lauren, I can't help but wonder if it's not a coincidence.  You haven't been back to strength work for long enough to get strength, but you have been doing it for long enough for the muscles to be fatigued.  So the underlying issue, which was already there, is showing up.

I got in 10 on the TM tonight.  With a RD yesterday and a RD tomorrow, it seemed only right.

This is a good point and it gives me some hope - maybe if I keep sticking with the strength stuff and just run as tolerated it'll pass in a couple more weeks.