Beginners and Beyond

Could The End Be Near? (Read 854 times)

LRB

Of Pluck?  At the moment, there is only one non-spam thread on the front page of the BF. 

I have seen some pretty bad days this year but I have never seen that.

They almost have to shut down the site this weekend for no other reason than to not look completely ridiculous....(too late).

runfoolery

It's OK, they'll find a silly short-term bandaid to apply on Monday

not lazy, just tired

Don't know if it's the end of Pluck. Might be the end of the BF. Be interesting to see if anything happens on Monday.

Not if it makes sense.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Meanwhile, NRR just carries on as usual.....

kbrks

I'm starting to think that the best way to handle this is to STOP posting on the RW BF forum. Leave the 4 solid pages of spam. If that doesn't get action...then they don't care.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

They don't care. If they cared they would actually do something about it.
              LRB

None of the other forums I frequent there are affected either.

It is an all out attack on the BF as new replies/posts are bumped off the front page in less than 30 minutes. 

That is insane when you think about it.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

The BF doors will close when Moth joins this group. Big grin

I think a LOT of us are done with RW!   Blech. 

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

And the forums actually work great, with no spam.  What's not to like!  

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Should we tell Remy or Knabe we left and why?  We hate the way the forum went with Pluck but those 2 guys were usually pretty stand up with the group.  Its just S^S that is the evil fuck over there.

I like Mark.  He is a good guy.  I am not sure how involved he is in the forums now, though.

I just stopped by the forums.  There is ONE legit post on the front page of the BF - everything else is spam.

It was us, the users, who were keeping the forum there alive.  We did everything we could - there were multiple suggestions on various ways to combat the spam, we reported the spammers, we tried to keep legit topics on the front page.  We were patient and we were loyal.  But there is only so much we can do.  At a certain point, enough is enough.  I think we more than gave RWOL a chance.

For me, the final straw was the downgrades to basic forum function elements (smaller avatars, narrow columns, no ability to see who started a thread) combined with the out-of-control spam. 

I won't say I'll never post on RWOL again, but they need to earn me back now. 

I don't think we owe them an explanation at all.  As Jenny said, we've been very vocal, borderline begging for a useable site.  The latest forum downgrade is inexcusable.  Yup, it's a free site.  And we are free to go somewhere else.  For a big mega corporation like Rodale (RW), it's laughable. 

Jane

I agree the last straw for me was the "upgrade" followed by a ton of SPAM.  If the "upgrade" had a positive impact on the SPAM I would have put up with it, it didn't I'll check back in if it goes away I may go back otherwise OK bye-bye.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Wf is getting slammed too  

Honestly they don't care if we leave.  If we stop posting and bumping stuff it sends a better message.

I'm getting used to this site.  And they want us here  

Marjorie