Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES in the Real World (Read 42 times)

Zelanie

Interesting.  I tried to watch the guy's throw to see how it would go, but he was waiting for the gust to die down, so he didn't throw at all while I was in sight.

Just B.S.

It was a good weekend for the Just B.S. team of B.S. and Mr. B.S. and a great time racing the last 4/7  weeks.

On August 11 at home B.S. was 3rd in AG 50-59 half marathon (1:57:44)

And Mr. B.S. was   also                 3rd in AG 50-59 half marathon (1:42:09)

On August 24th B.S. and Mr. B.S. did not place AG but had a heck of a lot of fun at a Sprint Tri

in a town 3 hours away

On August 31 B.S. (that's meSmile) was 3rd AG in an Oly Tri in Ottawa ON

Mr. B.S. would have been 3rd in AG except his crank fell off his bike, he got off repaired it and

still made 4th in AG with 3rd only beating him by 1 minute. Mr. B.S. is a beast on the bike.

Today at a 5k in a city 1.5 hours away B.S. and Mr B.S. once again had matching AG awards,

except this time we  had matching 1ST PLACE IN AG and 5K Personal Bests. We only race one 5k

per year and with a marathon next weekend and another on Oct 27th this was our last chance to

get in a 5k in 2013. We have been focusing on marathon training and also learning how to swim

and doing 5 tri's during marathon training. So speed work has fallen by the wayside during most of

2013 but we said "what the hey lets just go and see what happens". So this is what happened.

B.S. -     25:27      17/203 female, 46th/278 overall

Mr. B.S. 21:00       8/75 males, 11th place overall

The top 4 in the 5k were under 18 minutes and mostly made up of the local high school and university

distance team runners.

7 of the 16 females who came in ahead of me were on the team and all under age 19 (18 in that AG)

Of the rest........

5 women were in the 30-39 AG (62 in that AG)

1 in the 40-49  (55 in that AG)

3 in the 20-29 (46 in that AG)

And then there was almost 52 year old me in front of all the of the rest of them including the other 15

50-59 women in my AG.Big grin Yeah, it was sweet.

I started behind the race teams and other "fast looking" runners but was lined up about 10 from the front.

I went out comfortably fast and picked up speed all through the first 2 miles. I was only passed 4 times

early in the race and held my position after that for the full distance.

Considering almost no sleep last night and a stomach bug with dehydration the last few days I am

thrilled with that result.

Pretty happy for hubby as well. 5 second cut off a PR is 5 seconds!

Hip Redux

I lied, I went for a trail run instead of a gym workout.  I just could NOT go to the gym on a day as beautiful as today!   4 miles - 2 miles up, 2 miles down - from the summit:

StepbyStep-SH

Then you didn't read my post carefully... Big grin

Well ... technically, schnauzers are gluten-free. As long as they aren't breaded and deep-fried. :P

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

BS - Awesome month of racing for you guys! Congrats on all the hardware and the new PRs!
            Oski - I would definitely choose that view!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

I lied, I went for a trail run instead of a gym workout.  I just could NOT go to the gym on a day as beautiful as today!   4 miles - 2 miles up, 2 miles down - from the summit:

Pretty!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Well ... technically, schnauzers are gluten-free. As long as they aren't breaded and deep-fried. :P

Heh. lol

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hi gang, I'm dropping in for a flyby while I'm on a real computer rather than my phone. We're about to head back to the hospital to hang with my Dad for a bit. His attending physician says he's medically ready to go home, but he still needs an evaluation to make sure he can be back home on his own. He's doing well physically. He's doing laps around the floor and is steady on his feet. His memory and confusion have vastly improved since having the pacemaker put in as well. It's amazing what bloodflow to the brain can do. He still repeats himself some and will forget some things short term, but that has been going on for years.

In other news I'm approaching two weeks with 0 miles, but the toe is healing ever so slowly. I've had to be on my feet a lot more than I would like this week going back and forth to the hospital, so that hasn't helped. If it keeps healing up, I'm hoping to lace the shoes back on by the end of the week.

Congrats to all who raced this weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Glad to hear your dad is doing better, Hobbit.  Take care of that toe as soon as you can!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Good decision!!!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Bs you are on fire lately!!

Hobbit good news on dad!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Good to hear things are looking up, Hobbit.

- Andrew

Beth - congrats to you and Mr. BS

Hobbit - glad to hear that things are going well

Oski - cool pic

Oski, I hope that you've been having a pleasant day. Beautiful four on the trails.

Phil, great speed workout.

SUSchnauzer, how were your thirteen?

Andrew, I hope that you've been enjoying your SRD.

Jay, happy wood splitting. Fantastic 15.22.

FreeSoul87, terrific twelve.

Damaris, sweet twenty-two.

granite_running, beautiful six on the trails.

Marjorie, brava on the 21.2.

jjs22, nomnomnomnommommushrooms!

Tom, great wonderful 4.5.

B-Plus, awesome twenty.

outoftheblue, excellent 2.5.

Zelanie, sweet 6.6.

Beth, congratulations on the PRs!

Nicole, speedy and complete recoveries to you and your dad.

8.0 miles in 1:18:06. 9:46 pace. The run was partly on the sidewalk along Lynn and Swampscott beaches. I was awestruck by how beautiful the sky looked as the sun was setting. I returned to my folks' shortly after sunset. Feh. I felt OK to go for the full twelve:/ Tomorrow is another day.

Oh, yeah. I also did push-ups and ab work.